|City:||Taylor, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Taylor Pulp (BC16)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be a team member of Taylor Pulp Maintenance Department. This position will contribute technical support and planning to the maintenance department consisting of analysis and implementation of opportunities for improving productivity, quality and profitability.
Operating in an environment committed to safe and environmentally responsible practices, the Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to the Maintenance and Production Departments.
- Analysis and implementation of opportunities for improving safety, productivity, quality and profitability.
- You will also manage all facets of new construction including major maintenance and capital projects.
- The incumbent will evaluate equipment problems and failures to determine "root cause" with the goal of eliminating future failures by implementing long term corrective measures. These measures include equipment modifications and repairs, preventative maintenance measures, training and standards reviews.
- Forward thinking, flexible and resourceful, you can apply your technical insight and analytical abilities to develop novel solutions.
- Equipped with a Bachelor of Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Stuctural Engineering Degree, you are a member of, or eligible to register with APEGBC at least as an Engineer In Training (EIT) (title of Engineer) OR have a related diploma from a Technical college (title Technologist).
- You will also have several years' broad-based experience, ideally including tenure in a modern pulp mill or similar industrial facility.
- Your personal attributes include well developed interpersonal and communication skills, a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work in teams.
- Well developed people and team building skills
- Computer skills, solid written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum five years experience in an industrial operating environment, preferably in the pulp and paper sector.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application no later than 4:00pm PST on October 18th
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The picturesque community of Taylor is small but growing and near to BC’s Energetic City – Fort St. John, which is only 14 km away. The area’s surrounding landscape is speckled with calm lakes and untouched rivers, and is a dream to outdoor enthusiasts all year round. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/fort-st-john