Performs installations, preventive maintenance, and repairs on buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems using one or more trade skills (e.g., electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry) – Prepares and maintains records of completed maintenance repair work – Maintains current knowledge of all applicable procedures and safety measures.
Must possess a proven background in the maintenance troubleshooting field. A 2-year associates degree in industrial electronics/maintenance or related field highly desireable. Must demonstrate a working knowledge of Lean and support all Lean initiatives. Maintain equipment through the Lean transition through Lean strategies and tools, effective communication, and team skills.
1. Ability to troubleshoot plant facilities and production equipment, ie Extrusion, Press, and Converting machinery
2. Knowledge and experience troubleshooting electrical circuits
3. PLC understanding/experience required for electrical support
4. Breakdown maintenance – Repair of equipment after failure. Practice of 5 Why and Error Proofing Lean principles
5. Corrective maintenance – Improvement of equipment, in addition to repair.
6. Predictive maintenance – Daily or weekly inspections, cleaning, adjusting, lubricating and replacement. Cleaning to inspect and fundamental TPM practices to prevent early failure
7. Conduct SAP functions for processing work orders, ordering parts, etc,.
8. Leadership – Must be capable of teaching operators about TPM efforts
9. Train new maintenance technicians as required
10. Interact and coordinate with outside contractors when needed
11. Conduct fire, safety, sanitation inspections
12. Assume a resource role on the team and supports team resources and other teammates on a day to day basis
13. Maintain accurate maintenance history file
14. Other duties as assigned
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job in a safe manner. Must be a contributing member of the Sealed Air team and work with teammates to elevate the understanding of Total Productive Maintenance and other Lean concepts.
2nd Shift – evenings; 1:45pm – 10:00pm occasional weekend work
Wages: Depends on experience
Reports to: Technical Manager and works closely with the Production Teams, Group Production Leaders, Engineering, & Maintenance Planner