This is the job opportunity that could change your nursing career. At Carilion Clinic, our team makes a difference where it matters: in the homes and hearts of patients and families seeking attentive, superior healthcare. You will thrive in our forward-thinking environment through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join an organization that has earned significant clinical accolades. Here your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
Our Licensed Practical Nurses provide practical nursing support in the delivery of quality care for the patient in a physician practice or clinic setting as directed by the physician or mid-level practitioner.
LPN job duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Completes patient assessment to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint, current medications, etc.
- Prepares patient for provider evaluation, including obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, assisting during exams and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections as directed by the provider.
- Maintains work area, exam, treatment and x-ray rooms and lab in a clean, safe manner; restock with supplies and instruments; sterilize reusable equipment as needed.
- Documents patient information in the electronic medical record.
- Provides patient teaching as indicated and directed by the provider, including lab results, diet instructions, medication instructions, appropriate follow-up, and reinforcing provider instructions as needed.
- Assists with referral authorizations for specialists and pre-authorizations for testing and ancillary services.
- Assists with lab procedures.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of practical nursing required, or new graduate of approved program eligible to sit for the Virginia licensure exam.
Experience: One (1) year experience in a physician office preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Virginia (LPN) required. Licensure as a Radiologic Technician Limited if performing radiology. Current AHA BLS-HCP certification required.
Other: Customer driven. Demonstrates a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and a professional appearance and approach. Must have the ability to problem-solve and communicate with a wide variety of people in an effective manner. Must exhibit skills to utilize automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Fast paced physician practice. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 45994
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Family Medicine – Dayton
Shift Details: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.