Requisition ID: 223552
Job Title: Linux Server Administrator
• Position Title: Linux Server Administrator
• Location: either Glendale, AZ or Reston, VA
Bechtel is seeking a Linux Server Administrator to support the Information Systems & Technology division to be placed either in Reston, VA or Glendale, AZ. The Server Administrator will provide hardware, software, network installation, and problem resolution support for the data center and infrastructure equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Linux server maintenance, administration, and performance management in a virtualized environment.
- Collect and analyze performance data and recommend/implement changes to all aspects of the operating environment.
- Schedule and apply patches and updates.
- Assist application owners with software deployment and troubleshooting
- Physical hardware installation and maintenance
- A current RedHat – RHCSA or Oracle – OCP/ OCS certification.
- At least two years’ experience supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux or related RPM based distro.
- At least two years’ experience troubleshooting and administering hypervisors VMware vSphere
- Comfortable with and capable of working in a CLI only environment.
- BASH shell scripting experience required.
- Ability to configure the Linux networking subsystem
- Create/update support documentation
- Understanding of LVM and physical storage subsystems
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot system faults remotely.
- Experience with server hardware installation, deployment, and troubleshooting.
- The ability to lift 50lbs and rack/stack server hardware.
- Must be skilled in using data center specific hand tools.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to work from offsite locations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Prior experience in a global 24×7 production environment.
- Understanding of PKI, LDAP, 2FA and other AAA systems
- Experience using and supporting desired state tool like Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt at scale.
- Experience using and supporting AD Bridge (earlier called PowerBroker Identity Services) by BeyondTrust (Open or Enterprise).
- Experience supporting Kerberos in an Active Directory environment.
- Experience using and supporting Microsoft Windows Server operating systems. MCP is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco UCS hardware, fabric interconnects, and UCS Central
- Understanding of Splunk query syntax.
- Strong motivation to learn new and emerging technologies.
- Red Hat Satellite Server 6.x / Oracle spacewalk 2.6/2.7 experience
- Work efficiently in vSphere, Azure and OCI IaaS environments.
- PERL/Ruby/Python experience a plus.
- CI/CD, DevOps experience a plus.
Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university,
In lieu of degree – 8 years of practical work experience in information technology or other relevant experience with specialized courses in network/telecommunications, customer support, and/or infrastructure operations
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.