We are looking for a lawyer specializing in technology of at least 7 years p.q.e. to join KPMG’s legal team based either London or Reading
KPMG LLP and the OGC Commercial team
KPMG LLP is the UK member of the KPMG network of professional services firms. The OGC Commercial team support KPMG’s client facing legal requirements and is part of the UK Office of General Counsel.
We are seeking an experienced technology lawyer to work as part of our collegiate team. The role involves advising KPMG partners and senior stakeholders on a wide range of legal, risk and commercial issues relating to a broad range of professional services with a focus on complex technology contracts.
The successful applicant will be involved in the following:
• advising, drafting and negotiating technology and framework agreements with major clients, strategic alliances and customer provided contracts;
• creating standard terms for new technology offerings;
• advising senior KPMG stakeholders on commercial, risk and contractual issues within a complex, regulatory environment;
• assisting with the development and training of our offshored legal support team;
• providing ad hoc support on a variety of other contractual agreements including RFPs, engagement letters, confidentiality and other agreements;
• assisting in maintaining the team’s internal know-how and QA processes; and
• providing advice and training to business teams.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• relevant commercial experience (having worked for a professional services firm or in businesses providing varied technology services will be an advantage);
• excellent knowledge of commercial and contract law;
• good negotiating, drafting and people management skills;
• ideally, a track record of working in a regulated environment; and
• commercial awareness and effective risk management skills.
Key personal qualities required are:
• a commitment to high quality work
• the ability to communicate effectively;
• the ability to build relationships and act as a trusted advisor;
• flexibility and willingness to support colleagues.
Salary will be market competitive and KPMG offers an above average benefits package and flexible working arrangements.