Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
With the support of the Senior Legal Counsel, provide general legal services with a focus on deal management and contract support for Future and Product Operations Teams.
- Assist the Senior Legal Counsel in managing the day-to-day legal needs by providing legal services for Future and Product Operations teams, including counselling, contract review, drafting and negotiation, legal risk assessment, and dispute avoidance to protect interests of adidas.
- Assist in facilitating projects – within Global Brands and also with Global Sales and Global Operations and other functions within Global Legal.
- Help negotiate resolution of legal and business disputes for client groups.
- Assist in providing effective and appropriate supervision and management of delivery of legal services through outside counsel.
- Assist in developing and conducting educational programs and materials as appropriate in relevant legal areas.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance related matters are appropriately handled including all aspects of communication, education and facilitation of the Fair Play framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Very good background in contract law, drafting and negotiation and business counselling
- Very good written and verbal communication skills required. Must be fluent in English and ideally German.
- Very good client relations skills (including ability to interact with clients at all levels).
- Strong business acumen and ability to make practical evaluations of risk essential.
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload.
- Strong team player.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Law Degree with local legal professional admission in good standing.
- 2+ years of law firm or corporate counsel experience in general corporate, transactional and commercial law.
- Preferably experience with multinational companies.