Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Deloitte is looking to hire a Commercial Lawyer to join our team in downtown Toronto. The ideal candidate will have two to four years of commercial law experience at a leading law firm or as in-house counsel.
What will your typical day look like?
You have strong decision-making skills and excellent drafting skills.
- You will work on a variety of commercial agreements ranging from:
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Contracts with Deloitte’s clients (eg. standard form agreements, MSA with global clients and contracts for transformative IT consulting services)
- Contracts for emerging services provided by Deloitte such as AI, analytics and cyber security
- Strategic alliance and joint venture agreements
- Contracts with suppliers of goods and service to Deloitte
- Support on proposals, particularly public sector RFP and contracting with all levels of government.
- Experience in M&A is preferred to support Deloitte’s growth through strategic acquisitions
- Support Deloitte in its arrangements within our global network, including shared services agreements and joint ventures.
- Provide support to the firm’s internal functions such as Finance and HR
- Legal structuring with respect to internal firm partnerships, corporations and other entities.
- Manage the firm’s corporate and partnership compliance program in terms of maintaining corporate and partnership filings.
About the team
We have a small and collegial legal department and are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated lawyer to add to the overall success of our team. This is a multi-faceted role with many opportunities to do a variety of challenging work.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has/is:
- University degree and a current member of a Provincial Bar in good standing
- 2-4 years (post-call) work experience as a corporate/commercial lawyer either at a law firm or as internal counsel
- Self-motivated and with a desire to work both independently and in a collegial team environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with experience resolving complex problems
- Demonstrated willingness to accept challenges and ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment with competing client demands
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to read and speak French or Spanish, and work in civil law, an asset (but not a requirement)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.