Requisition Number: 39113
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of Position:
- This role has responsibility for leading the development and execution of an integrated, company-wide media and influencer engagement program, in close collaboration with social media and other communications programs.
- Develop and manage influencer relations program tool(s) and platforms, working closely with agencies and business marketing communications teams to build, maintain, and actively evolve influence network models for priority markets and businesses
- Serve as a key leader of external communications vehicles and processes
- Provide strong support for integrated communications efforts and coordination for Corning’s external communications channels and strategies
- Identify and develop content and campaigns that advance the objectives of targeted influencer engagement initiatives
- Contribute to proactive story development for the advancement of the company’s reputation building and business priorities
- Work closely with social media program leader, business marketing communications leaders, and others to develop and coordinate media and influencer engagement initiatives
- Understand and develop audience segmentation to create and optimize targeted communications channels for optimal reach and engagement of communications
- Develop and manage to results against established goals and metrics.
- Effectively develop and execute relevant research and analytics programs and initiatives in support of key influencer programs.
- Present strategy, plan, tactics, and rationale to leadership and colleagues as needed.
- Work with agencies and other vendors to identify and support key program initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of industry experience (preferably with agency experience)
- Previous experience in media/influencer relations strategies and tools required
- Experience with measurement/data analytics tools and programs preferred
- Understanding of influencer network models (preferably in B2B environment)
- Highly collaborative with excellent social and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Intermediate research and analysis competencies
- Strong project management skills with ability to handle many tasks and assess priorities
- Aptitude in analytics/data-driven communications
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail and quality
- Self-motivated to achieve excellence
- Intuitive, proactive approach
- Ability to work flexible schedules and priorities
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment with changing requirements
Key Decision Areas
- Strategy development and execution for influencer engagement and other communications activities
- Content development, editing and production
- Logistical coordination and event, system or process management
- Independent decision making and balancing of multiple priorities / responsibilities
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.