CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Lead Technical Project Manager reports to the Director Automation and Portfolio Management and is responsible for leveraging advanced technologies in robotic process automation, solutions, machine learning / artificial intelligence and expansion of the mobility platform. Individuals fulfilling this role must be skilled in one or more technologies. This individual must have strong leadership skills and be able to influence and work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Leads projects to ensure: schedule adherence, high quality, within budget, and meets the measures of success and high-level achievements.
- Leads and maintains client stakeholder partnership to ensure overall satisfaction.
- Develops project progress and status reports.
- Acts as a project team leader.
- Deep technical experience and ability to understand technical components and workflow of technical projects and programs.
- Creates a streamlined and simplified digital experience for our customers and employees that reinforces CenturyLink's position as the trusted connection to the networked world.
- Partners with IT teams to develop APIs and Micro-Services enabling efficient and rapid solutions.
- Experienced technical problem solver that can adeptly figure out how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc.)
- Utilizes a blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen and mindset of motivating clients and 3rd party counterparts to be collaborative partners.
- Interprets data to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data, as well as factors that could affect the results of research, identifies statistical analysis techniques required to deliver insights.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent eduaction with 8+ years related experience.
- Experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, Team Lead, Scrum Master in a client services business.
- Participated in Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as solid knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira
- All Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Deep technical hands-on expertise in data analytics, data visualization, business intelligence, and reporting.
- Strong analytical acumen, intellectual curiosity, creativity, a proven work ethic, and solid communication skills.
- Excellent consultative skills, understanding business needs and translating those needs to technical requirements. Clear communication to business and technical leaders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad experience with analytic toolsets.
- Master's Degree with 6+ years of related experience.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Florida-Apopka; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa; US-Texas-Frisco
Requisition #: 218292
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.