Requisition ID: 221229
Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia
This position is open for applicants as an International Assignee that meet the requirements of the job specification
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is seeking a Scheduling Professional to join the Jubail, SA team. In the Lead Scheduling Engineer role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professional across the globe to support the Team.
Reports to the PCM and receives guidance and operational supervision from him. Provides technical and operational direction to his direct reports. Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers. Ongoing interfaces with the Project Manager, project team members, and working / supervisory level personnel of other departments.
- Provides supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan. Reviews the performing organization’s and unit’s work logics and determines whether the schedules adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Supervises/directs, reviews, and evaluates schedule durations for all disciplines’ activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervises/directs the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
- Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises schedule resource loading and leveling. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrates appropriate staffing requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and staffing levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Supervises/directs others in obtaining required schedule information by all disciplines. Supervises others in identifying schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdisciplinary or group restraints and interfaces.
- Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports critical-path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Supervises project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule workforce and quantity reporting.
- Prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report. Leads the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Prepares and presents planning and scheduling information to management/clients.
DATA VISUALIZATION AND ANALYSIS JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for developing overall data architectural layout to coordinate and assimilate various data sources into a robust, and flexible reporting structure. Spearhead efforts into utilization of the latest available software and maximizing efficiency through a logical dashboard structure and minimize duplicated efforts within the program.
- Lead efforts into conduct trainings and presentations for the Jubail Program. The Dashboard manager receives direction from the Program Manager, Project Controls Manager, and will work to support all Departments for the Customized Solutions. It is expected that the incumbent will have experience working closely with the Client along with good leadership and communication skills.
- The development of Jubail Program Data Visualization and Analysis scope and implementation plan.
- The development of Jubail Program Data Architecture and Data flow plans.
- Writes the Dashboard management and user guidelines to be used in the training program.
- Coordinates the development of training module for Dashboard users and data collection process.
- Manages the dashboard enhancements, design of the Power BI dashboard screens and reports.
- Candidate is expected to be fully proficient in existing data sources, excel etc. however all outputs are expected to be provided in Power BI.
- Position is that of working supervisor. Candidate is expected to have ability to work hands on in Power BI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum 13 years professional experience in project controls with emphasis on planning and scheduling.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present schedule products independently with minimal supervision. This includes using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical planning and scheduling skills and engineering design, construction, and procurement practices.
- Experienced and fully proficient in Power BI.
- Fully proficient in existing data sources, excel etc. however all outputs are expected to be provided in Power BI.
- Experience in development of Program Data Visualization and Analysis scope and implementation plan. Writing the Dashboard management and user guidelines to be used in the training program.
- Candidate should possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work closely with peers, external customers, and client counterparts.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.