Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
The Lead Customer Service Representative (LCSR) is responsible for assisting the Team Leader and Area Customer Service Manager to provide route coverage, train new hires and support drivers (Customer Service Representative – CSR) teams. The LCSR provides tactical direction to the assigned drivers (CSRs), which can include coaching SOP compliance, assigning routes, completing safety ride-alongs, processing daily paperwork, coordinating truck maintenance, and ensuring DOT compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide tactical direction for efficient route completion and daily compliance to work rules through good interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Participate in new hire training assisting the Team Leader as needed
- Rides with Customer Service Representatives when not on a route, coaching safe behaviors
- Coordinate closely with the Team Leader for guidance and feedback regarding site activities
- Communicate on a daily basis conditions and expectations to the team
- Maintain all company vehicles assigned and ensures operation in a safe manner meeting legal requirements
- Communicate with field sales teams and customers in both retail and veterinarian clinic market environments
- Complete daily paperwork, respond to emails and update tracking logs, with proficiency in email, spreadsheet, powerpoint and word applications
- Leads by example in demonstrating all job responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative when training and when running a route as needed:
- Safely operate a straight truck or tractor/trailer, complying with Federal, State, Local laws and Hill’s guidelines
- Deliver pet food bags and cases in locations without loading docks, utilizing liftgates, ramps, walkways and/or stairs
- Stock and rotate product for customers using a handcart, lifting pet food bags and cases weighing up to 50 lbs each
- Provide friendly customer service and on-time, damage free products
- Process product returns, credits and coupon redemptions consistent with company policies
- Maintain manifest and delivery documentation, DOT and vehicle logs using an onboard computer
- Assist Sales with selling in product promotions and provide feedback on market condition changes
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
- High School Diploma or GED Certification
- Must hold a Class A CDL including Air-Brake System qualifications and DOT requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years driving experience with a Class A CDL
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office software to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Satisfactory completion of a background check including Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, pull, and push product weighing up to 75 pounds handling up to 14,500 pounds of product a day
- Ability to handle a handcart with 300 pounds of product stacked up to 55 inches high (may use forklift or pallet jack on occasion)
- Ability to drive the truck for at least 3 continuous hours up to a 14 hour work day
- Willingness to work in all types of weather and have flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Willingness to work overnight route, on average 25% of the time with the potential for occasional 100%
- Willingness to wear and maintain company uniform and maintain a professional appearance
- Previous supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.