Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Lead Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst works on multiple programs/systems for multiple Amtrak business units. This position is responsible to oversee all aspects of quality assurance/control including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and processes in developing new tools for train control system. Supervises and tests validity of enhancements and maintenance of Amtec Train Dispatching software to ensure quality goals are met and to ensure compliance with Federal and Amtrak’s standards and policies. In this role, the Lead QA Analyst is responsible for the review of all requirements mapping to test cases, test plans and test results and is a key participant in the PMO Q-Gate process. They are involved in all phases of the QA process and the implementation of quality assurance objectives. This includes the enforcement of current Amtrak QA processes including the monitoring and evaluation of Requirement and Test deliverables. The Lead (QA) Analyst interacts with all members of the project team including architects, business analysts, system analysts, project managers, the development team and quality control team to assure successful development, testing and implementation of project requirements helping to ensure that projects meet Amtrak’s quality deployment goals.
- Manages and supervises implementation of Amtec projects for NYD, SED, NED & Central division CETC systems.
- Assist field personnel in performing quality control equipment operation testing.
- Reviews and updates QA standards and procedures to comply with industry methodologies and standards.
- Demonstrated relevant hands-on technical experience working within a large mission critical computer system environment.
- Experience in integration, quality assurance, configuration management of HP Nonstop systems and LINUX Workstations.
- Supervises contractors and Amtrak special duty employees.
- Works on projects of all levels of complexity within any of the IT development environments.
- Reviews formal test plans and documented test results.
- Review of project deliverables and produces the compliance checklist.
- Monitors, evaluates and makes recommendations on QA tasks within enterprise-wide processes such as; test life cycles, change management and release management.
- Assists in creating standard operating procedures and metrics based on best practices for the QA team. Identifies and proposes areas of improvement throughout the QA process.
- Adheres to and enforces QA processes.
- May serve in the following roles: automation testing, performance testing, front end testing/back end testing, or end to end testing.
- Conducts investigations on identified technical and operational problems on installed networks, systems and products.
- Produces QA Root Cause Analysis document following problem investigation.
- May make recommendations regarding software defects and/or project timelines.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews documentation on all QA phases.
- Provides coaching to less-experienced individuals.
- Verifies that documented system requirements have been met.
- Supports continued evolution of QA strategies and activities supporting best practices and quality deployments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or significant experience in C&S construction/maintenance of railroad signal facilities or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Requires 7 to 10 years of experience in systems development, quality assurance/testing.
- Strong knowledge of quality management.
- Strong working knowledge of railroad signal circuit plan symbols, nomenclature, and circuit logic.
- Working knowledge of railroad circuit design as applied in signal systems.
- Knowledge of C&S equipment (relay racks, batteries, etc.).
- Knowledge of Amtrak’s interlocking layouts and physical characteristics.
- Knowledge of software system design concepts and processes.
- Experience in Real Time Train traffic control systems with emphasis on Quality assurance and testing
- Knowledge of large-scale computer center operations
- Knowledge of FRA standards, rules, and regulations.
- Must be qualified on NORAC, AMT-2, and RWP.
- Familiar with Computer Aided Drafting and Design Applications.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements, technical specifications and change management documentation in order to develop test plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of testing tools.
- Ability to identify technical and operational issues on installed networks, systems and products.
- Possesses strong attention to detail throughout the QA process.
- Must communicate with field personnel and design staff to ensure accuracy of signal system standards on file.
- Assists field personnel in handling operational during signal maintenance and construction, and communicates with various departments
- Familiarity with HP Quality Center test management software.
- Experience leading and managing a group of analysts.
- Extensive field knowledge of C&S construction and maintenance preferred.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Information Technology
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology