At NTT Global Sourcing, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT Global Sourcing and for the people who work here.
NTT Global Sourcing currently seeks a Lead Microsoft Program Manager to join our team in Guadalajara, Jalisco (MX-JAL), Mexico (MX).
****The Microsoft Program Manager role is a very specific role looking for subject matter experts that understand Microsoft M365, Azure, Teams, etc. licensing models and contracts and has also served as an Executive Program Manager.
· This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency.
· A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
· The style is purposeful, directed at getting things done quickly.
· There is a great deal of challenge and pressure, and people and problems must be handled
· with confidence and determination.
· The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle details.
· This job requires self-assurance and competitive drive.
· There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results.
· The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities.
· This is primarily a task-focused job, requiring a somewhat authoritative, directive leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration.
· Faster-than-average pace; ability to learn quickly, thoroughly, in detail and adjust to change
· Strategic, big-picture thinking backed by an added focus on the tactical aspects of the work
· Setting and achieving specific standards for self and for others; an emphasis on schedule and quality
· Action-oriented collaboration required on a consistent basis
· Seeks and accepts decision authority & responsibility
· Will effectively weigh risk against the benefit; while not cautious, a calculated decision maker
· An independent decision maker, will utilize team consensus and/or collaboration
· Requires a lively and incisive communicator, more authoritative than persuasive in style
· A stimulating influence on others, while being firm, direct, and self-assured in dealing with them
· Some collaboration within own team but a more independent style in general
· Maintains control of overall agenda, includes others in a task-focused manner
· Creates a disciplined process, possess world-class negotiation skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in progressively challenging roles managing Microsoft licensing programs from a licensing and optimization perspective; Microsoft sales backgrounds will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Microsoft software programs (EA, SPLA, Cloud, etc.) pricing and rebate models, as well as value added services – as practiced by Microsoft and Microsoft partners across the globe. Must have demonstrated ability to effectively manage commercial and strategic relationships on a global basis with Microsoft and Microsoft channel partners, including proven ability to engage strategically at the VP and C-level with key suppliers.
- years of experience in defining and driving key aspects of supply chain operational excellence in a global, multi-BU environment – including demand planning, forecasting, maintenance optimization, performance measurement and optimization.
Bachelor degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or an equivalent technical discipline. An advanced degree in one of these disciplines and/or an MBA is preferred.
Software Asset Management (SAM) Certification such as CSAM or CITAM (IAITAM) or comparable industry standard SAM certifications.
Microsoft Specific Education:
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) training with priority focus on SAM exam 70-713.
3rd party “boot camp” from reputable, industry-proven training provider (ie. Directions on Microsoft).
Experience with software discovery tools such as SCCM, Ivanti, Flexera, and Microsoft MAP toolkit, for example.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to assess historical spend and asset usage data from multiple disparate sources, analyze the data and layout coherent, data-driven roadmaps to achieve cost reductions and/or operational improvements.
- Able to analyze the current state of practices within NTT Global Sourcing and NTT Operating Companies by collaborating with stakeholders to forge comprehensive supply chain strategies that increase leverage and drive commercial improvements with Microsoft and Microsoft channel partners.
- Must be able to assess ‘best practices’ and ‘pricing benchmarks’ in the industry and compare these across Operating Companies, accounts, BUs and regions. Develop gap analysis relative to these practices/benchmarks to help identify savings and improvement opportunities. Develop strategies that create leverage to close gaps while delivering improved economics and/or operational performance to NTT.
- Able to document technical requirements and service level requirements where none exist and obtain alignment from stakeholders around these key parameters.
- Able to analyze current Agreements and assess alignment with end-customer Agreements. Where misalignments exist, develop and implement strategies that improve alignment. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to garner support for such improvement initiatives.
- Must have ability to analyze the various asset acquisition practices and identify opportunities to reduce cost and/or risk by improving these practices where such opportunities exist. Further, partner with account leadership and regional delivery leads to drive such cost reduction initiatives into the business.
- Must have strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with Leadership within NTT and be able influence Leadership on key strategic initiatives that involve challenging ‘Change Management’ elements.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Set-up tools, standards, and processes for managing the program and a matrixed team – Manage team communications and provide training to your internal users
- Support unique operating model requirements of working with sensitive and controlled data & processes – Establish efficient process and controls to operate in program compliance.
- Planning and executing program communications to workstreams & stakeholders.
- Assist IT staff with implementing, validating, documenting and auditing system where skills apply
- Effective ability to deliver training and education to large groups of people in person and remotely
- Have strong planning, organizational, time management and judgement skills
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT Global Sourcing. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT Global Sourcing
NTT Global Sourcing specializes in strategic sourcing, will bring together the procurement volume of each NTT Group company and engage in centralized price negotiations. NTT Global Sourcing will execute comprehensive agreements with global vendors, etc. for hardware, software, and services purchased in common by each Group company. Each Group company will individually procure products and services from each global vendor, etc. based on the comprehensive agreements executed by the procurement company.
Through such activities, NTT Global Sourcing will work to improve the presence of the NTT Group in the global market, formalize our strategic partnerships and creating innovative services to clients.
NTT Global Sourcing, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100.
Req ID: 94115