Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Lead IT Systems Engineer is part of the Lumen Hosting Infrastructure Engineering team. Responsibilities include lifecycle development, technical assessments, implementation engineering, server builds, automation, migrations and/or transition planning and execution, maintenance, project planning, standards validation and development, technical documentation, training, release management, troubleshooting and problem resolution for all compute infrastructure systems.
The Main Responsibilities
• Maintain 99.999% availability for all Hosting infrastructure
• Provide 24 x 7 infrastructure support
• Strategize, Plan, and manage the implementation of CI/CD solution
• Work on special projects to complete integrations and achieve cost savings
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Perform testing and implementation of new product release and maintenance
• Interface with other organizations to improve and implement process, procedures, and automation
• Provide escalation support for Global Operations Center for Infrastructure related issues
• Liaise with Engineering Teams on Product and Infrastructure Development
• Patch/Upgrade hosting infrastructure based on vendor and security recommendations.
• Solid understanding of CI/CD stack
• Proficient in Orchestration and Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
• Ability to manage tasks independently and/or work as a team
• Operational Testing and Documentation for all new product releases, patches, and software upgrades
• Eagerness to learn new technologies/tools and train your peers
• Maintain Core Builds for Operating Systems and Applications
• Maintain Compliance of infrastructure in accordance with industry standards (PCI, SOC, SOX, FISMA)
• Self-disciplined and highly motivated to accomplish individual and team goals
• Strong inter-personal, communication, and organizational skills
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 5+ years of experience in the fields of infrastructure management (Linux/Windows/Solaris/ESXi)
• Experience with containerization and source control (Docker/Docker Hub) and container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).
• Strong CI/CD experience with code build, source control, testing, continuous integration, and delivery using standard DevOps CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Git).
• Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Terraform
• Experience in code management system – GitHub
• Experience with VMware, SAN infrastructure
• Experience with Network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, VLAN’s, and Load Balancers
• Work within Agile framework to identify, create, design, and integrate processes for repeatable, automated software delivery
• Experience with server technologies (Windows, UNIX, ESXi)
• Strong Virtualization skills – VMware, Virtual Center
• Hardware – Oracle (SUN), HP, Dell, Cyclade, Annex
• Familiarity with HP Server Automation software (HPSA, HPOO)
• UNIX Shell scripting, Python, PowerShell, Node.js
• Architecting public cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
Requisition #: 230831
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.