Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job:
The Food & Beverage Epicurean is dedicated to ensuring an “Experience of a Lifetime” to guests and employees while providing quality food in all restaurants throughout the resort.
- Provide highest level of guest service in a high-volume environment while encouraging other employees to provide the same experience.
- Is an outgoing greeter/host for Wilmot Mountain. This role will be the face for Food & Beverage to help with any questions or needs the guest might have.
Maintain daily duties such as directing flow of guest traffic, cash handling, stocking, resort knowledge, and cleanliness.
Engaging with customers to provide an epic guest experience.
- Help with directing flow of traffic on busy day within the Ski Hill Grill.
- Sampling out various items on menu to guests to entice them to buying.
- Ability to help push certain items such as Epic Mountain Burger, hot chocolate, etc.
- Learn excellent knowledge of resort.
- Will undergo basic kitchen training to help with knowledge of food items
- Execute daily operations by opening and/or closing procedures.
- Able to help with cashiering if necessary.
- Following proper cash-handling procedures, including making correct change, counting drawers, following proper end of day closing procedures.
- Stocking during slow periods and after high-volume business.
- Correctly entering in all food and beverage items for every transaction.
- Storing any receipts for voids and/or refunds and handing in at the end of every shift.
- Accommodating any guest needs or requests in a timely matter.
- Must make sure work area is clean and tidy always.
- Cleaning up drink area station or condiment station.
- Setting up condiment station and restocking once it becomes low.
- Ensuring drink station is properly stocked at all times.
- Help clearing tables if necessary.
- Periodic bathroom checks to ensure cleanliness.
- Adhere to all food safety and health department guidelines.
- Anticipate high-volume business throughout the shift.
- Participate in daily pre and post shift meetings with Shift Leads, Team Leads and/or Food & Beverage Director.
- Always follow proper food and safety standards.
- Consistently follow the guidelines and steps of the services cycle as outlined in the brand standards.
- Adhering to the proper work uniform always.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally to staff and guests. Respond and engage with customer suggestions, complaints and recognition.
- One year or more of work experience in the restaurant industry.
- Professionalism and guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required.
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee – Required.
- Demonstrates communication with staff and guests; shows capability of teamwork amongst the other staff.
- Must have Food Handlers Certification for Wisconsin – Required.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, regulations in both food service and alcohol management.
- Create and maintain a productive, safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 237951