Req ID: 92593
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Lead Data Engineer (Player/Coach) to join our team in Palo Alto, California (US-CA), United States (US).
Lead Data Engineer will:
- Create and maintain the optimal data pipeline architecture based on platform and application requirements
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Recommend, select and integrate the data tools and frameworks required by the SMART Platform and Applications
- Design and implement data integration strategies and processes using industry standard methods and tools
Incoming Lead Data Engineer should possess:
- 15+ years of overall technology experience, with 7+ years of data management, modeling and architecture design experience
- 4 years of Python
- 5 years’ experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- 2 years’ experience using Hadoop, Kafka, HDFS
- 2 years’ Experience building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- 2 years’ experience using Spark
- Must be either US citizen or Green Card holder.
- Must be local to the Palo Alto area.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.