Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor “Best Places to Work” three years in row, we couldn’t be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life’s special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Under minimal supervision, responsible for compiling, analyzing and interpreting results in the routine and non-routine chemical and physical analysis required for quality control, winemaking, environmental monitoring research and the evaluation of products and processes.
What You Will Do:
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Performs broad range of analysis utilizing appropriate distillation, titrimetric, colorimetric and instrumental methods.
- Operates laboratory instruments such as an auto-titrator, refractometer, densitometer meter, gas chromatographs, infrared analyzers, balances, spectrophotometers, and other instruments as required to perform duties.
- Performs quality assurance checks on analytical procedures; makes the necessary adjustments and completes further testing when needed to ensure accuracy of the test(s).
- Receives rush samples, prioritizes samples and tests; analyzes samples.
- Enters test results into the laboratory information management system and reports results through LIMS in a timely manner.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science degree with a combined 12 college coursework units of chemistry, biology, and/or microbiology plus 1 year of laboratory experience or completed a Gallo Internship; OR Associate of Science degree in Chemistry, Food or Fermentation Science, Viticulture/Enology, Microbiology, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biological Engineering, plus 3 years of laboratory experience.
- Required to occasionally climb and conduct work at extreme heights.
- Required to lift and move up to 45 pounds.
- Required to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Required to be at least 21 years of age.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Food or Fermentation Science, Viticulture/Enology, Microbiology, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biological Engineering plus 2 years of laboratory experience.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 61443
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.