There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois (US-IL) – Milan
Function: Information Technology
Title: Junior Software Engineer – 63368
As a Junior Software Engineer for the Parts Distribution Center, located in Milan, IL you will participate in an agile scrum team who provides development and technical support for Finance Cobol applications and interfaces that support the Finance continuation train. In addition, you will:
- Work closely with product owners and product managers to understand requirements and priorities
- Perform development and implementation of technical solutions to deliver on User Stories
- Assist in resolution of IT technical issues in the product team
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology
Visa sponsorship IS available for this position.
Proven Technical Skills and Experiences
- 2 or more years of recent experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions in Cobol development leveraging change management
- 1 or more years of understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Experience working in some or all of these Cobol based systems and databases: Cobol, JCL, ESP, SQL, MQ, IMS, DB2
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Knowledge of Deere mainframe environment
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
- Proven experience as working in a team environment
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience in a related career field
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.