Requisition Number: 38916
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
• Perform the Site Lead responsibilities for the Charlotte Headquarters facility.
• Work with field service personnel within Charlotte Headquarters to support building IT systems. Work with various IT functional groups to support the IT systems, network and AV equipment within the Charlotte Headquarters
• Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Responsible for support and maintenance of Audio/Video systems including displays, audio conferencing phones, wireless presentation, touch panels, integrated audio, etc.
• Partner with businesses on strategic direction that aligns with business AOPs and Corning First principles
• Partner with site Business Leadership, Business Engagement and Service Lines to understand and anticipate business demand for local IT services
• Function as an advocate for the site’s IT and business needs and work closely with Business Engagement and Service Lines to identify what services are most appropriate to meet these needs
• Partner with Service Lines to educate site business leadership and users on existing and new services that may serve existing or emerging business needs
• Support and collaborate with Corporate IT initiatives by working closely with Service Lines and project teams to coordinate testing, deployment, and adoption of new, upgraded or existing IT services
• Leverage Service Lines operational resources to deliver work at sites
• Have financial responsibility for facility budget, Bill of IT, Green book, Black book and cost reductions
• Ensure the site support has the capable and necessary resources to effectively manage the facility portfolio and operations
• Maintain and develop applicable policies, processes, and procedures applicable to HQ systems and compatible with IT Standards and practices.
• Provide regular and accurate status reports to business leadership.
• Manage people hires, development, growth and succession planning
• Be responsible for facility system security compliance and disaster recovery
• Support Corning’s IT user policy.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Technical Science, MBA preferred
• 10-15 years of experience
• Strong relationship building skills
• Proven success working in highly matrix environment.
• Strong bias for action and an ability to deliver results despite the complex and fluid environment.
• Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
• Must have a passion for success.
• Must demonstrate a proven willingness to go the extra mile, to take on the things that need to be done and maintain a positive attitude that can adapt to change.
• Strong leadership and excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to develop and sell ideas.
• Proven project management skills—from idea inception to completion, and thorough evaluation.
• Knowledge of Crestron AirMedia, Mercury, scheduling panels, and Fusion a plus
• Must be familiar with networks, servers , phone systems and desktop technology.
• Ability to interact with vendors that support advanced technologies such as Corning One.
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.