Requisition Number: 38626
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Scope Of Position:
This position supports the sourcing function for the IT Vendor Management team. The team’s specific role is to manage vendors and work with internal stakeholders to source and negotiate information technology related goods and services. This includes sourcing, contract negotiation, renewals and cost management for each sourcing opportunity. This position will require specific knowledge related to the goods and services related to IT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Position operates as the Subject Matter Expert in a specified field and or as a Program/Project lead within the IT organization requiring an in-depth knowledge of multiple Vendor Management and sourcing disciplines. In this particular case, the role will focus heavily on management of software vendors who provide on premise and cloud-based software.
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with vendor partners
• Establishing partnerships with key stakeholders, both within and external to Corning IT
• Liaising with Global Procurement as a result of sourcing requests, to procure professional products/services, ensuring quality standards and needed specifications are established
• Leading the negotiation of new complex contracts and or changes to existing contracts
• Provide support for overall governance of vendor process to include vendor reviews and oversight
• Serving as lead for the financial analysis and contract terms for sourcing events
• May be called upon to request analysis and interpretation of contractual language to facilitate issue resolution
• Serving as mentor to other teammates and providing assistance and guidance as needed
• May be responsible for providing initial drafts for standard contractual IT vendor terms and conditions
• Conducting request for proposals in accordance with industry standards
Bachelors degree in a relevant field preferred; Masters/Advanced degree a plus
10+ years of strategic sourcing or vendor management experience in a dynamic environment
• Experience managing software manufacturers
• Strong understanding of different licensing models, on premise software, and vendor hosted (SaaS) software
• Experience in a global sourcing/vendor management role
• Must have demonstrated experience providing thought leadership to overcome challenges and lead without direct authority but rather with influence
• Direct experience should include oversight of large-scale programs and complex contracts
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills with certification a plus
• Financial management experience as it applies to the monitoring and oversight of third-party suppliers
• Solid knowledge and proven experience working with a cross-functional team to provide value for vendor management related goods and services
• Strong business acumen related to sourcing and vendor management
• Must be an independent self-started and have proven ability to drive results and prioritize work activities
• Previous work experience related to Purchase Requests and Purchase Order Development
• Experience managing technology related vendors
• Relevant work experience within the IT field
• SAP experience
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities, including planning, management and execution of responsibilities
• Proven analytical skills in strategy and data analysis
• Experience working directly with third-party vendors or other vendor management, including contract negotiation experience
• Must have ability to be assertive and challenge the status quo, while still maintaining strong and effective relationships
• Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
• Experience working with contract management systems Travel 30% domestic and international travel
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.