Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Boston Scientific is seeking an experienced Manager to fill a highly visible and strategic leadership role within the Core Technologies organization focused on Database Technologies. This individual will lead the team focused on managing, supporting and maintaining Database offerings across the organization. The role will require a strategic focus on transforming people, process and technologies to support evolving delivery models and cloud technologies.
Your responsibilities include:
- Overall management, monitoring and maintenance of global database strategy
- Establish policies, procedures and best practices related to data technologies
- Effectively manage and prioritize team’s tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ensure appropriate SOX controls and compliance to protect organization
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure project success and compliance to organizational best practices and standards
- Provide leadership, training, and ongoing mentorship to team of direct reports
- Champion efforts to automate processes and procedures
- Implementation and maintenance of proactive monitoring and alerting
- Ensure systems are upgraded and patched in a timely basis to ensure security, system stability, and compliance
- Data technologies license management
- Serve as the escalation point for all database related issues
- Participate in audits as required
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years' experience in IT
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in multiple Database platforms
- Ability to work with people in other areas across the enterprise (geographical and functional)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience leading and managing a team (Internal / External)
- Experience in Product Teams and AGILE methodologies
- Experience managing cost center financials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Requisition ID: 461681