Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The establishment and oversight of an organization’s approach to the use of Information systems, digital services, and associated technology, in line with the needs of the principal stakeholders of the organization and overall organizational corporate governance requirements. The Role also maintains information technology strategies by managing staff, researching and implementing technological strategic solutions. The role drives company strategy and FI&IT deliverables in the respective region/country.
Enterprise IT Governance
- Reviews current and proposed information systems for compliance with the organisation's obligations (including legislation, regulatory, contractual and agreed standards/policies) and adherence to overall strategy.
- Provides specialist advice to those accountable for governance to correct compliance issues.
- Manages provision of consultancy services, and/or management of a team of consultants.
- In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the client through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services.
- Engages with clients and maintains client relationships.
- Establishes agreements/contracts and manages completion and disengagement.
- Manages the innovation pipeline and executes innovation processes.
- Develops, evolves and adapts innovation tools, processes and infrastructures to drive the process of innovation.
- Identifies resources and capabilities needed to support innovation.
- Encourages and motivates innovation communities, teams and individuals to share creative ideas and learn from failures.
- Manages and facilitates the communication and open flow of creative ideas between interested parties and the set-up of innovation networks and communities.
Business process improvement
- Analyses and designs business processes; identifies alternative solutions to exploit new technologies and automation.
- Develops graphical representations of business processes to facilitate understanding and decision making.
- Assesses the feasibility of business process changes and recommends new approaches.
- Manages the execution of business process improvements.
- Selects, tailors and implements business process improvement methods and tools at programme, project and team level in line with agreed standards.
- Contributes to the definition of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for business process improvement.
Enterprise and business architecture (Specific)
- Contributes to the creation and review of a systems capability strategy which meets the strategic requirements of the business.
- Develops models and plans to drive the execution of the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organisation and equipment.
Business risk management (Specific)
- Carries out risk assessment within a defined functional or technical area of business.
- Uses consistent processes for identifying potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and the impact on the business.
- Refers to domain experts for guidance on specialized areas of risk, such as architecture and environment. Co-ordinates the development of countermeasures and contingency plans.
Project management (Specific)
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines).
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders.
- Adopts appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
Organizational capability development (Specific)
- Develops and maintains a detailed knowledge of capability improvement approaches and techniques and selects appropriate approaches for the organization.
- Contributes effectively to identifying new areas of capability improvement within the organization which may be enhancements to skills, technology or processes.
- Carries out capability improvement assignments, such as maturity or performance assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Selects and prioritizes improvement opportunities, generates buy-in and plans improvement activities justified by measurable organizational benefits.
- Mentors and supports localized continuous improvement activities.
Organization design and implementation (Specific)
- Implements organisational structure and culture change activities.
- Conducts impact assessments to ensure organisational structure and cultures are aligned to changes in processes, systems, technology and tools.
- Develops graphical representations of organisation models and structures to facilitate understanding and decision-making.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative solutions. Outlines how organisation structure, people development, jobs, teams and roles need to change to enable the future business processes.
- Aligns existing organisational structures, roles and jobs to new processes.
- Advises on implications of introducing new workplace models and tools.
Systems development management (Specific)
- Defines systems development projects which support the organization's objectives and plans.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Ensures that senior management is both aware of and able to provide the required resources.
- Facilitates availability and optimum utilization of resources.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed architectures, standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development).
- Develops road maps to communicate future development activity.
Service level management (Specific)
- Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. Creates and maintains a catalogue of available services.
- In consultation with the customer negotiates service level requirements and agrees service levels.
- Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Establishes and maintains operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
Supplier management (Specific)
- Manages suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets.
- Manages implementation of supplier service improvement actions. Use suppliers' expertise to support and inform development roadmaps.
- Manages operational relationships between suppliers. Ensures potential disputes or conflicts are raised at an early stage, with clear escalation paths for resolving them.
- Performs bench-marking and makes use of supplier performance data to ensure that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed.
- Identifies constraints and opportunities when negotiating or renegotiating contracts.
- Leads the development of comprehensive stakeholder management strategies and plans. Builds long-term, strategic relationships with senior stakeholders (internal and external).
- Facilitates the engagement of stakeholders and delivery of services and change projects, acting as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders, facilitating relationships between them.
- Negotiates to ensure that stakeholders understand and agree what will meet their needs, and that appropriate agreements are defined.
- Oversees monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback.
- Leads actions to improve relations and open communications with and between stakeholders
People Management / Resource Management:
- Responsible for salary reviews, recruitment, selection, assessment, on-boarding and transitioning of resources.
- Manages the effective implementation of resource planning, recruitment, selection, assessment, on-boarding and transitioning of resources.
- Advises on standards, methods and tools for resource management.
- Ensures compliance with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Contributes to the development of resource management policies, standards and guidelines and to audits and assessment of resource management processes.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR (Senior) Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 15-year experience in IT
- 12 years of experience in relevant area
- 10 years of experience in team management including professional grade
- Living or working outside home market
- Lead local market/function projects and