The Inventory Specialist will research distribution errors reported by the Client Services team. Provide and track a credit return number to the client services team when warranted. Assist with inventory adjustments and warehouse master data maintenance. Conduct cycle counts of product on a daily basis, compare the physical count to the system count and resolve any variances within those counts. Teammates will follow all Insight policies and procedures. Each person is accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and / or departmental metrics
What you’ll do at Insight
- Count product daily according to a count schedule.
- Analyze counts for variances and perform any necessary bin to bin movements.
- Research any remaining variances for errors in shipping, receiving, locating, etc.
- Block missing product and adjust product counts in order to assure smooth product flow.
- Research any shipping or production orders where some or all of the parts on the order cannot be found
- Perform necessary bin checks (walk through) in order to minimize no location orders.
- Handle count requests/product checks from various departments (Customer Service, Sales, Inventory Management and Purchasing).
- Assist with re-labels and plant to plant transfers
- Document and file all daily work performed.
- Adhere to safety standards, immediately correcting or reporting any unsafe conditions
- Research Picking Errors determining root cause of error, reporting back to Client Services
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all picking errors & the results
- Activate/Delete bin locations for various storage locations
- Upload UPC’s for product in the system
- Extend part #’s for various warehouse locations
- Material extension for various warehouse locations
- Return to vendor adjustments (Adjusting product in/out of stock)
- Process re-labels for purchasing both physically & systematically.
- Process plant transfers, transferring product physically & systematically.
- Raise capacity for storage bin locations
- Activate part numbers when requests are submitted
- Scrap adjustments (adjusting product out of stock physically & systematically, when product is no longer sellable)
- Raise/ lower flags on part numbers for serialization
- Setup storage locations for customer owned inventory
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Any other duties assigned by manager
What you’ll need to join Insight
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Qualified applicants will possess strong researching and problem solving skills, and have a strong math background
- Preferred applicants will have good typing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with a WMS system is a must
- SAP experience is a plus
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Previous inventory experience is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, walk, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone and keyboard; reach, stoop and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office/warehouse environment with computers, phone, maintenance equipment and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.