Requisition Number: 38683
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of Position:
Corning Communications is looking for bright, talented communications, marketing, and journalism students to join the organization as Communications interns for the summer of 2020.
The Communications organization at Corning Incorporated is focused on strengthening Corning’s brand and reputation globally. The organization is committed to delivering world-class communications, which are continually advanced through the sharing of best practices, the use of benchmarking and analytics, and ongoing professional development.
As a member of the Communications organization, the intern will assist with a variety of communications programs to help Corning meet its objectives. The intern will learn and develop essential marketing and communications skills including:
• Content development and planning
• Research, writing, and editing stories and video features
• Presentation development
• Webpage development and design
• Social media content development
• Project management
• Participate in content development meetings and editorial planning
• Research, write, and edit content and video features for variety of communication channels, including email, internal communications channels, the intranet, the external website, and social media
• Develop reporting structures using digital tools, including Google Analytics, to improve business outcomes
• Provide communications support for key stakeholder events, both internal and external
• Develop internal, external, and executive presentations
• Lead high-value projects such as organizing photo shoots and assisting with the image approval process
• Utilize graphic design skills to develop brochures and other material
• Participate in team and departmental meetings and prepare presentations about activities as appropriate (Will include a departmental presentation at conclusion of internship)
• Support additional projects as assigned
• Student entering junior or senior year of undergraduate program
• Ability to work comfortably across all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated above-average skills in writing and reporting
• Web experience using various web content management systems (Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress, etc.)
• Social media content creation experience
• High skill level with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing project requirements
• Project management skills with ability to handle many tasks, assess priorities, and meet deadlines
• Willingness and competency to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
• Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience working across cultures and in other countries a plus
Timing: May 2020 through August 2020
Location: Corning, New York
Corning Incorporated Internship Program Benefits:
• Competitive salary based on discipline and education level
• Round-trip travel expenses (from your school/home to the Corning facility and back)
• Housing assistance
• Intern activities, including activities that involve Corning’s senior leadership
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.