Requisition Number: 38682
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of Position:
Corning Communications is looking for bright, talented communications, marketing, and journalism students to join the organization as Communications interns for the summer of 2020.
The Communications organization at Corning Incorporated is focused on strengthening Corning’s brand and reputation globally. The organization is committed to delivering world-class communications, which are continually advanced through the sharing of best practices, the use of benchmarking and analytics, and ongoing professional development.
As a member of the Communications organization, the intern will assist with a variety of communications programs to help Corning meet its objectives. The intern will learn and develop essential marketing and communications skills including:
• Content development and planning
• Research, writing, and reporting
• Presentation development
• Webpage development and design
• Social media content development
• Internal and external campaign and event promotion
• Project management
• Research, write, and edit content and video features for email, internal newsletters, internal broadcasts, Corning’s intranet, and other internal platforms
• Provide communications through email messages, internal and external articles, presentations, videos, signage, social media posts, etc. to support for key stakeholder events.
• Assist with quarterly updates of internal communications sites
• Identify areas for communications process improvements and increased efficiencies across internal communications groups
• Work with a global team to develop the strategic communications dashboard reports
• Assist with the development and management of an image library
• Participate in team and departmental meetings and prepare presentations about activities as appropriate (Will include a departmental presentation at conclusion of internship)
• Support additional projects as assigned
• Student entering senior year of undergraduate program or first year of master’s degree program desired; student entering junior year will be considered
• Demonstrated above-average skills in writing and reporting
• Willingness and competency to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a team atmosphere
• High skill level with Microsoft Office Suite
• Project management skills with ability to handle many tasks, assess priorities, and meet deadlines
• Experience with measuring analytics
• Experience in design (knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and in providing content for web pages
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent multitasking skills
Timing: May 2020 through August 2020
Locations: Opportunities available in Corning, New York, Charlotte, North Carolina, and Tewkesbury, Massachusetts
Corning Incorporated Internship Program Benefits:
• Competitive salary based on discipline and education level
• Round-trip travel expenses (from your school/home to the Corning facility and back)
• Housing assistance
• Intern activities, including activities that involve Corning’s senior leadership
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.