Requisition Number: 39866
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
About the Communications Internship Program Corning’s Communications Internship Program provides students with opportunities to learn on-the-job skills and gain experience at a Fortune 500 company. Not only does the program offer a firsthand look at careers in communications, it also provides opportunities to network, apply skills learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios, build résumé credentials for future job opportunities, and gain insights into the operations of an innovation-based company, all in a dynamic and vibrant work environment. Interns work as key members of the organization on projects with real business impact that lasts far beyond the internship. Learn more at: www.corning.com/commsintern.
Purpose of Position: Corning Communications is looking for bright, talented communications, marketing, and journalism students to join the organization as Communications interns for the summer of 2020. The Communications organization at Corning Incorporated is focused on strengthening Corning’s brand and reputation globally. The organization is committed to delivering world-class communications, which are continually advanced through the sharing of best practices, the use of benchmarking and analytics, and ongoing professional development. As a member of the Communications organization, the intern will assist with a variety of communications programs to help Corning meet its objectives.
The intern will learn and develop essential digital communications skills including:
• Website design and development (CMS)
• Technical site audits
• Search-driven content planning and optimization
• Social listening and analytics
• Social media marketing
• Content development
• Assist with campaign ideation and creation for Corning’s social media channels
• Develop a best-practice guide for SEM and PPC across the corporation
• Work with marketing communications managers to provide digital analytics and PPC best practices
• Develop content across digital media to enhance Corning’s reputation as a sustainable corporation
• Participate in team and departmental meetings, and prepare presentations about activities as appropriate (Will include a departmental presentation at the conclusion of the internship)
• Support additional projects as assigned
• Student entering senior year of undergraduate program or first year of master’s degree program desired; student entering junior year will be considered
• Ability to work comfortably across all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated above-average skills in writing and reporting
• Web experience using various web content management systems (Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress, etc.)
• Social media content creation experience
• High skill level with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing project requirements
• Project management skills with ability to handle many tasks, assess priorities, and meet deadlines
• Willingness and competency to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
• Ability to work comfortably within digital environments
• High proficiency with digital communications channels, including (but not limited to) Adobe Experience Manager, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
• Experience working with social media
• Strong people and communication skills
• Strong writing background and experience
• Strong project management skills
• Experience with and knowledge of analytics dashboards (Google Analytics) and data analysis
Timing: May 2020 through August 2020
Location: Corning, New York
Corning Incorporated Internship Program Benefits:
• Competitive salary based on discipline and education level
• Round-trip travel expenses (from your school/home to the Corning facility and back)
• Housing assistance
• Intern activities, including activities that involve Corning's senior leadership
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.