Requisition Number: 38681
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of Position:
Corning Communications is looking for bright, talented students to join the organization as Communications interns for the summer of 2020.
The Communications organization at Corning Incorporated is focused on strengthening Corning’s brand and reputation globally. The organization is committed to delivering world-class communications, which are continually advanced through the sharing of best practices, the use of benchmarking and analytics, and ongoing professional development.
As a member of the Communications organization, the intern will assist with a variety of communications programs to help Corning meet its objectives. The intern will learn and develop essential marketing and communications skills including:
• Data-driven communications research and planning
• Social media and media monitoring, analysis, and reporting
• Presentation skills
• Identify and review all analytical tools used by Corporate Communications for internal and external monitoring and research, as well as the measurements and data captured with those tools; compare to industry best practices for possible optimizations
• Assess current measurements and tools against future needs
• Ensure all tools are being fully leveraged
• Recommend best practices, high-value metrics, and ways to incorporate both into processes moving forward; identify areas for process improvements and increased efficiencies
• Review and optimize current processes to identify and leverage external trends using current monitoring tools across Corning’s digital platforms
• Support development and implementation of influencer identification process, including research methods, industry qualification standards, industry benchmarks, and influencer reporting performance indicators
• Develop recommendations for internal and external communications strategies based on findings; produce materials for and kickoff action plan before end of internship
• Participate in team and departmental meetings, and prepare presentations about activities as appropriate (Will include a departmental presentation at conclusion of internship)
• Work cross-functionally to support Corporate Communications projects as assigned
• Student entering senior year of undergraduate program or first year of master’s degree program desired; student entering junior year will be considered
• Ability to make data-driven inferences and recommendations for improvement
• Demonstrated above-average skills in writing and reporting
• Willingness and competency to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a collaborative team atmosphere
• High skill level with Microsoft Office Suite
• Project management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks, assess priorities, and meet deadlines
• Experience with digital media analytics
• Experience with analytical tools for web and media measurement/analysis a plus
Timing: May 2020 through August 2020
Location: Corning, New York
Corning Incorporated Internship Program Benefits:
• Competitive salary based on discipline and education level
• Round-trip travel expenses (from your school/home to the Corning facility and back)
• Housing assistance
• Intern activities, including activities that involve Corning’s senior leadership
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.