Job: Facilities/Plant Maintenance
Primary Location: Pensacola, Florida
Employment Status: Full-Time
Want to work for a company that gives you opportunities to grow in a collaborative environment? How about working for a global manufacturer with a rich history and even brighter future?
Armstrong World Industries began over 150 years ago as a small cork-cutting shop in Pittsburgh, PA. From that small business, we became the global leader in ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions that contribute to better, more inspiring buildings that can improve how we all live, work, learn, heal and feel. At Armstrong World Industries you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Come build your future with us!
Process Job Description
Instrumentation Electrician – Pensacola Plant
Requires an approved trade specific diploma with work experience, OR
Equivalent industrial electrical & instrumentation work experience and skills.
Must perform all duties in a neat and workmanlike manner using the current National Electrical Code as a guide when Plant Standards do not supersede. Requires ability to climb and work off of ladders. Requires the ability to work at high elevations and in tight spaces. Requires work in uncontrolled temperature environments with correct PPE (including arc flash PPE when necessary).
A qualified candidate is able to:
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial control systems, including instrumentation and power distribution equipment
- Perform PLC programming, troubleshooting, and program documentation maintenance
- Perform Variable Frequency Drive installation, programming, and troubleshooting
- Maintain, update, and troubleshoot advanced operator interface equipment
- Identify opportunities for automation to support continuous process improvement and plant safety initiatives
- Be proficient with communication protocols
- Initiate, track, and complete plant electrical project work
- Help develop the skills of others
- Coordinate, update, and store plant electrical drawings
- Perform general maintenance support, as needed
- Work a rotating shift
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot lab testing equipment, fiber optic systems, printers and label machines.
- Troubleshoot standard line problems and perform work orders.
- Work from sketches, manuals, verbal instructions, and drawings to design, assemble or install electrical equipment within the plant.
- Adjust or repair electrical and process control instruments on machinery and equipment.
- Work with vendors to identify any parts needed and make recommendations to the supervisor.
- Operate power lift equipment when necessary.
A qualified candidate will be experienced with:
- Allen-Bradley SLC500
- Allen-Bradley PLC5
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5000
- Allen- Bradley 160 Drives
- Allen-Bradley Powerflex 40, 70, 700, 755 Series Drives
- Allen-Bradley Kinetix Servo Systems
- Allen-Bradley Panelviews
- Allen-Bradley Communications – DH+, RIO, Devicenet, Ethernet
- Cutler Hammer Panelmates
Selected candidates must also: Have good written and verbal communication skills. Maintain good housekeeping. Work safely. Perform other miscellaneous duties as required or requested.
About the Location (Pensacola, FL):
Our Pensacola Plant, one of six Armstrong ceiling plants, employs approximately 280 people working on rotating shifts, 24/7, in the manufacture and shipment of acoustical ceiling tile to Armstrong's customers worldwide. The Pensacola Plant was originally built in 1929 to produce insulating building material. Pensacola was the first European-inhabited settlement in United States. Rich in culture and history, Pensacola is a sun drenched destination offering outdoor activities and adventure and 52 miles of untouched beaches.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong World Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.