Job Req ID: 666221
Position Number: 00173875
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 3rd
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Sterile Proc/Distribution
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: 1000 Blythe Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28203
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Ensures surgical instruments and equipment are decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed, and tracked based on quality and infection prevention standards.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- Identifies, responds & reports malfunctions and/or alarms.
- Performs efficacy and quality testing for all processes and equipment.
- Identifies manual and/or mechanical cleaning according to the manufacturerï¿½s IFU for all general, laparoscopic, orthopedic, neuro, cardiovascular, power, instrumentation.
- Performs flexible scope processing utilizing High Level Disinfection (HLD).
- Determines, prepares, and uses supplies required in the assembly process.
- Identifies, inspects, assembles general & specialty instruments checking for cleanliness & functionality utilizing count sheets.
- Packages and labels instrumentation following standards.
- Safely determines sterilization equipment functionality, operation, monitoring, and maintenance with verification and documentation of sterilization process.
- Performs high temperature (steam) and low temperature (gas plasma, ethylene oxide, liquid chemical) sterilization.
Works in-patient care areas independently under stressful conditions. Continuous standing and walking; bending and/or stooping; reaching and/or stretching; pushing and/or pulling heavy loads. Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer