Req Id: 246343
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
You’re in the right place at the right time…
The Bell Mobility Wireless Technology team builds, operates and supports Canada’s Best Mobile Network. Mobile TV, Android, iPhone, LTE, IPv6 are the toys in our playground. The young and dynamic Bell Mobility team is front and center in testing, deploying and maximizing the technologies that are revolutionizing the world.
We are a technology team linked to Marketing, Sales and Client Care to execute on our number one priority: Delivering Canada’s Best Network to our customers. Our people are making big things happen across the country, nourished constantly by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
Being at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution, we are always in need of smart people who are innovative and eager to learn. If you are looking for more than a place to work and are not afraid of challenges, we have room for you too.
Bell has the Best Network because we have the Best People.
And with you, Bell just got better!
- The selected candidate would work with internal and external stakeholders to design, deploy, maintain and support new features for the Bell Next Generation Push to Talk Service.
- Regular work hours are Monday – Friday, a 37.5 hour weeks.
- The selected candidate may be called upon to work during off normal hours to support maintenance windows or service outages and troubleshooting.
- The candidate may also take part in the rotation to provide 7/24 support of the NOC.
Job Duties /Accountabilities:
- Develop strategic technology initiatives related to the evolution of PTT to meet customer demands.
- Coordinate and participate in implementation, verification and acceptance testing of new hardware, new software, software upgrades or features.
- Plan solution delivery steps and deployment phases for new network solutions or upgrades.
- Review vendor IP and Network Documents to ensure solutions proposed adhere to Bell specified standards and Network architectures
- Coordinate and provide technical consultation to internal and external teams including Business, Sales, Security, Network and our vendors
- Produce feasibility and effort estimates for Integration/Implementation of new features
- Develop and document training material for TAC, Operation, and Sales teams
- Work with vendors and OEMs to ensure lifecycle of the service, including hardware, software and clients
- Review monthly reports provided by vendor to ensure accuracy and adherence to SLA
- Maintain existing service by conducting daily monitoring routines in the production network, ensuring highest availability and taking corrective action as necessary
- Deploy operational tools to facilitate the management of the system and minimize manual intervention through scripting
- Engage the appropriate support team(s) for critical issues and outages.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and identify solutions and recommendations
- Work with various support teams to understand and resolve service outage and complete outage/post mortem reports
- Work with vendors, stakeholders and customers to understand product and solution roadmaps
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Degree in computers science or computer/electrical engineering
- Linux operating systems
- IMS, SIP Signaling, Wireless Access technologies like LTE/HSPA+/Wifi
- Advanced IP Networking (Routing, Switching, Load balancing, IPv4 & IPv6 etc.),
- Network Troubleshooting tool and methodologies
- Authentication, Encryption, Identity and Access Management
- Alarming/SNMP, monitoring, system performance analysis
- Scripting for process automation and deployment orchestration
- Show interpersonal and leadership skills with a passion for results
- Self-sufficient and strong ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to motivate others and promote team spirit and employee value
- Proficient in both written and oral communication
Preferred Qualifications /Competencies:
- Push To Talk (OMA-PoC standard or equivalent), VoLTE or other VOIP Applications
- Agile Methodologies and working with scrum teams in DevOps environment
- Clustering & High Availability software
- Previous experience in Value Added Services and mobile application development
- Land Mobile Radio P25 and other Radio Systems knowledge
- Incident management knowledge
- Virtualization software (ex: VMWare, KVM)
- Automation tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 12/16/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga