Requisition ID: 222930
Executes project Supplier Quality activities including administration of capability surveys, audits and area/shop quality surveillance.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives operational direction and guidance for Supplier Quality activities from the assigned project Supplier Quality Supervisor.
- Receives functional guidance from the Supplier Quality Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May provide project-related direction and guidance to Area Supplier Quality Specialists.
- Corresponds administratively with Project Procurement Manager, the global business unit, project Supplier Quality team, project engineering, procurement, quality assurance and construction personnel, and Area Supplier Quality Specialists.
- Occasional contact with suppliers to discuss supplier quality activities in pre-award and post-award meetings.
- Occasional contact with Customers at the operational level during external audits, project bid clarification meetings, and meetings to discuss supplier quality topics.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Performs specific Procurement Supplier Quality related activities assigned by the project Supplier Quality Supervisor, or as directed by the Project Procurement Manager:
- Reviews material requisitions including technical specifications with respect to quality requirements, and participates with Engineering in determining the levels of surveillance required and establishing witness and hold points.
- Assists in the development of the final bid list and the selection of a recommended bidder.
- Assists with the establishment of Quality Surveillance levels required for each purchase.
- Participates in pre-award and post-award conferences with suppliers to review Area Supplier Quality’s right of access, release for shipment authority, and notification on witness and hold points during quality surveillance activities.
- Prepares quality surveillance and capability survey assignments for execution by the assigned Area Supplier Quality Specialists.
- Reviews, edits, and accepts reports, as delegated by the Supplier Quality Supervisor, in accordance with project requirements prior to distribution. Distributes reports and correspondence in compliance with project document control procedures. Returns unacceptable reports for necessary corrections.
- Facilitates communication between on and off project personnel across disciplines; provides project direction to assigned Supplier Quality Specialists and coordinates communication between Supplier Quality Specialists and project personnel to assist in resolving technical and quality issues arising from area/shop Supplier Quality activities. Represents Supplier Quality in project meetings, project reviews, and in the resolution of issues relating to supplier quality.
- Represents Supplier Quality in project meetings, project reviews and in the resolution of issues relating to supplier quality.
- Experience in the administration of surveillance inspection assignments, which may be demonstrated through previous project experience.
- Possesses an ANSI/ASME Level I certification indicating a capability to perform and document the results of inspections or tests that are required in accordance with documented procedures, accepted standards, and/or industry practices as defined in the user’s written procedures.
Salary Grade Determination
- Performs project Supplier Quality functions having some degree of complexity, e.g., preparation of detailed inspection plans for use on complete or uniquely designed systems; preparation of full scope man-hour and budget estimates for proposed intermediate-sized projects; review of complex technical specifications; or the establishment of project corrective action(s) to resolve nonconformances that have a significant impact on project cost/schedule.
- Provides guidance to other Supplier Quality Specialists and non-technical support staff as assigned.
- Participates in preparation of project corrective actions and root cause analyses to resolve significant issues that represent immediate or potential impact to the project.
- Assists and/or monitors activities of assigned Area Supplier Quality Specialists.
- A minimum of 4,000 hours of in-shop quality surveillance or related work.
- Requisite certification as an ANSI/ASME Level II (further to Level I competencies) and performs the following:
- Conducts capability surveys of a prospective supplier.
- Participates as an audit team member or technical resource for nuclear material and/or quality program audits.
- Monitors the administrative and technical performance of Third Party Agency quality surveillance contractor personnel to assure that Corporate Supplier Quality Manual and Procedures and quality surveillance assignment instructions are implemented.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.