CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Information Security Analysts position is the front line for security, technology and innovation in the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) environment. The centers operate 24x7x365. The GSOC is a pivotal function in the Global Security organization responsible for operation, maintenance, and monitoring of the CenturyLink Managed Security portfolio. This function performs security event management responsibilities – monitoring, detection, and triage of security events and alerts in Security Information Event Monitor (SIEM) and associated monitoring systems. It facilitates the ingress, implementation and egress of basic client trouble / change requests for managed premise, cloud, next generation firewall, managed DDoS, Threat Intelligence and Secure Log Management products
- Handle phone calls and entry level ticketing
- Perform basic changes within the managed security environment
- Manage and resolve customer fault, service outage and impairment events
- Monitor, triage and response to security alerts for client security events. Investigation and resolution of impairment scenarios on Managed Security products.
- Research and implement customer generated change requests for Managed Security products
- Generate incident cases and escalate to superordinate teams in accordance with time and severity-based SLA’s
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Multi-task during events
- Communicate effectively with managers, customers and vendors
- Maintain solid working relationships, including collaborative technical activities with peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Prioritize with good time management skills
0-2 years experience in operational or technology field that deals with cybersecurity concepts. Equivalent educational experience. Above all, a motivated and trainable individual.
- 1 year in a Security Operations environment
- Certifications In specific security technologies such as Fortinet, Arbor, Radware, Palo Alto, Cisco or Checkpoint.
- Security industry certifications (examples):
- ITIL Foundations
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 215034
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.