CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This position provides on-call pay, potential overtime, and annual bonus.
- Company provided work truck and tools to perform the job
- Laptop computer and iPhone provided
- OEM Training and other OJT opportunities
- Manage and prioritize own workload and schedule
- Excellent medical, vision and dental coverage after 30 days
Primary responsibilities are to maintain and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment within assigned market. HVAC systems comprised of CRAC/CRAH units, Drycoolers, Condensers, DX Split Systems, Fluid Loops, RTU’s, Pumps, VFD’s, Chillers, Wall-hung units, Building Management Systems as well as other mechanical and electrical platforms.
- Installs, maintains, monitors, and repairs all HVAC systems in assigned telecommunication facilities.
- Completes all preventive maintenance tasks including coil cleaning, filter and belt changes, lubricating bearings/motors, operational tests comprised of checking voltages, amperages and refrigerant pressures and any other necessary tasks to keep HVAC and mechanical systems operating as designed.
- Conduct repairs as needed to ensure N+1 redundancy for all mechanical systems being mindful of budget and cost saving initiatives.
- Responds to emergency calls within market to analyze and resolve complex mechanical, electrical, and/or other building related problems to prevent or minimize network service outages.
- Operates building management system to troubleshoot HVAC systems and maintain energy efficiency and power utilization targets.
- Interacts with internal customers, contractors, suppliers, and engineers to exchange information to ensure systems run at peak conditions and identify end of life equipment for budgeting purposes.
- Participates in commissioning activities and testing procedures to ensure new and modified equipment/systems are functioning as expected.
- Keeps detailed records of assignments, work activities and required equipment maintenance history in Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Uses tools, such as common hand and power tools – hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices, refrigerant gauges, oxy-acetylene torch rigs, vacuum pumps, refrigerant recovery systems and other tools necessary to perform job requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to determine work to be performed, and/or evaluate work already performed.
- Must have PC skills and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Assist with site equipment audits to ensure CMMS represents all HVAC assets.
- Ability to be on-call after normal hours and work varying shifts with possible overtime and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions with exposure to noise and fumes.
- Requires ability to work under conditions that may be physically uncomfortable or dangerous.
- Capable of extremely high standards of customer service and the technical capability to grow and maintain a telecommunications environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- May be required to wear safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
- May utilize pallet jacks, two-wheeled carts, hand trucks, and/or forklifts.
- May be required to lift/move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- 2 – 5 years as HVAC technician.
- Valid state driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Possesses Universal certification to work with refrigerants/chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with HVAC/Mechanical systems found in telecom or data center environment to include Liebert/Vertiv CRAC units or similar brands, Drycoolers, Fluid/Hydronic Loops, Pumps and Expansion Tanks
- Experience with retrofitting/converting refrigerant circuits from R-22 to R-407C or another suitable substitute
- Experience with compressor changeouts on Liebert 20 & 30 Ton CRAC units or similar systems and all associated task related to job.
- Self drive and initiative
- Education Level: High School/GED
- Technical/Trade School – Field of Study – HVAC/R or 5 years’ experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Miami
Requisition #: 220637
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.