About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 19,000 employees, sales of € 4.3 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
Voith Hydro ranks among the world's leading suppliers of hydropower sector. It provides and installs equipment that account for nearly one third of the hydroelectric power installed in the world. In Canada, the company has a team of just over 300 employees in its various business sites and is carrying out several hydroelectric projects in several provinces and U.S. states. Our main offices are located in Brossard, Quebec and Mississauga, Ontario. We are currently seeking candidates based out of Thunder Bay for a position of:
HSE Officer, Field Operations (Silver Falls, Thunder Bay area)
Silver Falls, Thunder Bay
The goal of this position is to manage and lead the EH&S function at Voith Hydro’s project site located approximately 1 hour outside Thunder Bay at the Silver Falls Generating Station. The project is expected to end in approximately 8 to 10 months. The individual will provide direction, leadership, and technical support to advance the ES&H culture and meet client requirements.
The main responsibilities are:
- Provide professional support to project staff (maximum 20 employees);
- Inform and consult on matters of planning, execution and maintenance of equipment; purchasing technical equipment; training on health and safety procedures; designing workplaces / workstations, working processes as well as emergency precautions;
- Implement and manitain Voith’s Certificate of Recognition;
- Act as a mentor, coach, trainer, and subject matter expert to support management teams;
- Provide professional problem solving input to both short term and long term issues;
- Manage and provide recommendations on ES&H resource requirements;
- Planning, execution and evaluation of health and safety inspections and audits as well as risk analyses ensuring fulfillment of legal and internal health and safety regulations;
- Support the project in order to fulfill all legal health and safety regulations
- Provide safety training to managers and employees
- Support investigations of work-related accidents, in particular root cause analysis and corrective measures – e.g. incident/accident reporting, Frequency Rate, deficiencies, measure tracking, etc;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the safety management system (e.g. requirements of OHSAS 18001,14001, COR) at specified locations;
- Central contact for internal and external bodies in health and safety matters (authorities, insurance companies, clients etc.);
- Participation in relevant training measures in order to keep up to date on skills and expertise (particularly in case of representative functions);
- College or university degree related field, CRSP/CSO preferred
- Minimun of 5 years experience in managing ES&H
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Construction background
- High level of customer service experience required
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency with MS Office products required.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced, multi-priority environment
- Consultants / independant safety contractors are welcome to apply
- Independant contractors/consultants will be hired through their respective businesses, individuals will be hired through Voith’s recruitment firm and paid an hourly rate comensurate with experience
- Candidate should be available to start as soon as possible. Employment contract will be for approximately 8 to 10 months.
- Preference for local candidate
- Able to pass client security background check
Sounds like you? Apply now and become a Voithian!
If you are interested in this position, please apply to the Voith Career site at: www.voith.com.
BECOME PART OF THE SOLUTION FOR A BETTER FUTURE AND JOIN A PASSIONATE TEAM!!