Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker’s Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
This position works together with the Site HR Manager and operational leaders to perform HR Generalist duties within a large Healthcare System. This role will have emphasis in associate relations, compliance, hourly recruitment sourcing, union relations, training, and diversity. You will be a content expert regarding policies, procedures and programs to these areas.
- Content expert regarding policies, procedures and programs including CBA
- May conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations and suggest action plans
- May represent organization at personnel-related hearings, grievances, and investigations
- Supports internal customer survey and associate satisfaction interpretation/feedback
- Identifies critical needs areas and takes appropriate steps to rectify problems
- May coordinate and conduct new hire orientation and management training
- Ensures all tracking and compliance is in place including FMLA and Wage & Hour
- Continually identifies process improvement, associate engagement, and retention initiatives
- Responsibe for post-hire steps including background checks, pre-employment/drug screen scheduling, hospital badge initiation, and new hire onboarding
- Attends weekly delegate meetings, arbitration, manages progressive discipline reviews, and prepares union quarterly reports
- Associates Degree with 2-5 years multi-unit HR generalist and associate relations as well as union experience
- Experience in a high customer contact setting
- Previous Operations experience helpful
- Knowledge of healthcare environment practices and procedures
- Strong work ethic, intense drive and initiative for quality and customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills to include spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software. MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint preferred
- Experience in Employee Relations preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills and follow through in both one-on-one and group situations
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff
- Ability to function appropriately under stressful conditions; strong stress management skills required
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills while prioritizing tasks at the same time
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 329382
JANELLE C ALLEN