Employment Type: 18 month Contract
Standard Hours: 20.00
Department Name: Temporary Pool
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
The 18 Month part time contract postion provides consultative support for human resource issues and initiatives which impacts leaders and teammates of Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS). Makes recommendations to leaders for the development, design, and roll out of programs and initiatives with guidance from HR leaders and team members. Partners with subject matter expert on policies, procedures, and fundamentals of all core areas of human resources.
- Administers physician compensation and physician/executive benefit plans.
- Responds to phone and email inquiries; researches and resolves issues and follow-up with client
- Collaborates with the departmental team, wider HR, Payroll, IS, and external vendors as needed to accomplish administration and communication of pay and benefits.
- Contributes to the development of efficient processes for streamlining administrative functions.
- Interprets CHS policy and procedure, and provides advice to management relating to possible consequences for employment actions taken which deviate from CHS standard policy and practice or federal and/or state employment laws. Assesses exposure to legal risk when such actions are viewed to be in violation of federal or state employment laws, consulting leadership as needed.
- Serves as point person for issues/concerns regarding division database management and reporting.
- Consults with leaders to develop and recommend HR solutions and the development, selection, implementation and management of HR strategies.
- Assists leader to plan, develop and manage HR programs and services.
- Makes recommendations for the development and implementation on HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provides HR expertise, including advice and counsel, to leaders for assigned HR Division strategy development and execution.
Work requires typing, filing, use of telephone and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Stretching, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling are required a moderate amount of the time. May lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis. Some standing and walking is required. Must speak and understand English fluently. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively. Good hearing is required for related communications.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 2 years of related experience required.
- 2 years of experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Has strong computer and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Proficient in PeopleSoft and a similar HRIS preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills; confident and comfortable in front
of a group.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
All related medical equipment, office equipment, and supplies.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer