Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage experience possible by providing exceptional host skills to include; courteous telephone skills, proper handling of reservations, greeting guests, seating guests, monitoring the flow/pace of the dining room, offering support to servers/server attendants and acknowledging departing guests with a kind remark. Also provides customers with prompt, quality coffee selection, purchase, and preparation. Ensures customers and employees will experience a friendly, upbeat and clean atmosphere.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance, adhering to the uniform standards, and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees, managers and guests.
- Provides professional and courteous telephone skills, takes accurate messages, transfers calls properly, takes reservations and In-Room orders accurately.
- Welcomes and connects with every guest to provide excellent customer service.
- Discovers guest needs and appropriately suggest product with every guest to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Maintains customer service area and equipment in a clean and appealing manner.
- Prepares a variety of guest beverage orders such as espresso drinks and Coffee of the week to Starbucks standards.
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the daily duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a team player.
- Follows cash handling and register policies.
- High school graduate or equivalent. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. -required
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment. -preferred
- Must be fluent in English. -required
- Must have ability to learn quickly, and work as part of a team. -required
- At least 1 year of experience in customer service preferably in upscale food and beverage. -preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is helpful. -preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and mornings. -required
One Job – Double the Benefits. Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott’s nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 238192