Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 46681
Supports the educational needs of patients whose medical condition impacts their learning experience through a program that includes educational programming within the hospital system, education for patients/families regarding school services available in the community, and education for patients’ local schools regarding how the medical condition will impact learning.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field
- Two years of experience in teaching in a public school system
- Hospital-related experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Knowledge of classroom procedures
- Knowledge of state and federal educational laws and requirements
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of 504 plans and individualized education programs
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Provides instruction for school-age patients.
- Educates the patient and family regarding school services and supports the process of setting up appropriate services.
- Serves as a liaison between the hospital, school system, and parents.
- Provides information to the medical and support teams regarding school needs and available school services.
- Documents and maintains updated patient information in the medical record regarding services provided.
- Supervises School Program volunteers.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Not Present
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Family Support Services – Family Support Services