Req ID: 175864
Basic Purpose: This position supports Love’s store technology system by working with store locations to resolve complex issues.
- Taking escalated work orders to analyze our supported applications to a higher degree. Consults with store users and vendors to determine system faults and makes decisions on how to resolve.
- First-level troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues with store personnel.
- Works on-site at store locations to implement new systems.
- Works with store managers to determine system needs.
- Assists Help Desk manager in training of Tier I Technicians.
- Researches closed tickets to find common problems and analyzes problem patterns to proactively address system performance.
- Documents architecture of systems and application operations to supplement knowledge-bases.
- Assists project team in a support role.
- Disseminates functionality of new systems to Tier I Technicians.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 or more years Help Desk experience at Love’s; demonstrated proficiency in store systems.
Skills and Physical Demands:
- Strong experience with Windows Operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic networking skills.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Shift: 10pm-7am – Tuesday- Saturday
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert