Requisition No: 234723
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: HEALTH INSURANCE BILLING SPECIALIST – 50000714 1
Position Number: 50000714
Salary: $29,344.38 plus CAD
Posting Closing Date: 09/29/2020
Accountant III – Health Insurance Billing Specialist
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRS
Agency Headquarters, Mary Grizzle State Office Building
Largo, Pinellas County
Annual Base Salary: $29,344.38 plus Competitive Area Differential (CAD)
Excellent Benefits, Vacation, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Personal Day and Retirement Package
***Other Accountant III positions may be filled from this advertisement within Six (6) months of the closing date***
- Experience in accounts receivable and collections.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful completion of a Level II Background Screening and due diligence process.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Familiarity with basic accounting functions and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Experience in healthcare Accounting/Billing/Collections.
- Experience in third-party billing.
- Experience in State of Florida accounting systems.
- Experience in third-party billing for a Nursing Home.
Under the general supervision of the Billing Department Supervisor, incumbent performs duties involving applications of accounting skills, billing activities and coordination of other fiscal related matters. Performs billing functions in the Health Information System, E-Premis, FLAIR, DDE, and to other Accounts Receivable billing software systems.
- Performs the third party claims processing, posting of payments and collection activities for all payors of the State Veterans’ Homes. Performs daily account receivables functions to maintain the billing as follows:
- Produce and maintain monthly billings for all Medicare A&B, Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, Third Party Insurers, and any other payer, including residents, for the State Veterans’ Homes.
- Review and monitor resident accounts, ensuring that account set up and payer types have been correctly established by the facility; verifying insurance program eligibilities.
- Review and monitor accounts on a daily basis to facilitate timely collections with exception.
- Post payments from all payers.
- Work, correct, resolve and collect on all accounts in the aging reports for all payers.
- Maintain a clean claim billing average of 100% within timely filing guidelines.
- Compile and prepare reports to verify the accuracy of monies collected and deposited into resident and facility accounts.
- Provide cross-coverage within the Billing Department as needed.
- File all inquiries including but not limited to reconsiderations, appeals, patient liability amounts, eligibility, and clerical re-openings.
- Monitor all payment allocations and reconciliations in the Health Information System.
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff in assigned Homes, especially those staff members who affect billing practices.
- Provide ongoing feedback Billing Department Supervisor in an effective, professional and timely manner.to Billing Department Supervisor related to possible changes to Billing Unit practices in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of systems, processes, and other Accounts Receivables functions.
- Assist in the development of new billing procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Health Operations Manager and
This position is in the Career Service.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.