In order to better understand and align with customer needs, AGCO’s Green Harvesting team is seeking a Hay and Forage Specialist to work within our product management team. AGCO aims to provide intelligent solutions to maximize customer value throughout the hay and forage production cycle, and the successful candidate for this position will play a key role in continued success with this effort. As part of the Green Harvesting Product Management team, this specialist will be involved throughout the product definition and development process to ensure relevant agronomic challenges are identified and overcome. As products near their final stages of development, this specialist will help establish and communicate the enhanced customer value created through the adoption of new technologies. In this role, the successful candidate will also align with AGCO’sglobal Fuse Farm Solutions team while representing and working with farmers, dealers, and AGCO personnel around the globe.
– Identify opportunities in the hay & forage cycle that will improve grower yield, maximize quality, or reduce operation cost.
– Provide solution validation from an agronomic and grower ROI perspective to support AGCO Global Product Management and Marketing.
– Develop and maintain relationships on behalf of AGCO with industry leaders, universities, and progressive hay & forage growers.
– Assist with AGCO sponsored hay clinics and provide information to support sales, marketing, and product development.
– Work closely with the Engineering & Marketing teams to funnel innovative ideas to be prioritized and considered for future projects.
– Participate in agronomic-focused digital farming projects.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Agronomy, or closely related hay & forage or dairy & livestock field of study required. Master’s Degree preferred
– In-depth technical knowledge of the dairy, cattle, and hay & forage industry
– Knowledge of hay growing best practices and the impact they have on animal nutrition
– Must be technical and data orientated (understand the equipment and the data it generates and how this effects the agronomic process on a farm)
– Sound understanding of statistical analysis
– Self driven, innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
– Experience or degree emphasis on ruminant nutrition would be helpful