Role: Group Internal Audit Data Expert
Location: Molesworth Street, Dublin 2/Hybrid working, with the option of working from regional locations in AIB’s Regional Hubs (Cork, Galway & Waterford).
This role is being offered on a full time, permanent basis.
About the Role:
We are seeking applications from ambitious professionals who are keen to pursue an opportunity as a data expert in GIA, working within areas such as Technology, Retail Banking and Finance. The audit team is based in Dublin. Direct experience in the areas outlined would be an advantage but is not a specific requirement.
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is not your typical audit function. We’re on an ambitious journey to create the best function we can for AIB and our people. Through our audit charter, we operate independently as the third line of defence to provide assurance to our stakeholders on the adequacy and effectiveness of AIB’s governance, risk management and internal control environment. Most importantly, we believe that great people are the key to our success. This is why we work hard to build a team of empowered individuals who are driven to excel through collaboration, inclusion, and diversity; embracing the unique strengths and insights everyone brings.
We are a group of 90+ professionals operating in the Ireland and the UK, who always aim for the highest quality. To get the best from our people we support and embrace flexible working arrangements to provide an empowering environment where people get the job done through managing their own time.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying Data risk in AIB and contributing to an audit strategy, including inputting to the wider audit plan, enabling GIA to provide adequate assurance of the controls in place to mitigate Data risks.
- Assessing controls in place to ensure AIB meet regulatory expectations in relation to data controls, and engage with senior management, and the Board Audit Committee in relation to this.
- Through leading internal audits, challenge the Data risk related internal control processes and business areas in the bank in order to assure operation of these controls, and ultimately improve the control environment in AIB.
- Produce reports which accurately document issues identified, and issue these to the business in line with agreed timelines.
- Continuous adherence to and improvement of the Internal Audit process.
- Opportunities to get involved in working groups across the department, e.g., Methodology, People, Data Analytics, CSR.
What you will bring:
- You are currently undergoing exams to attain an audit/accountancy qualification or the willingness to undertake such qualifications (e.g., CIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CISA).
- A minimum of two years in a Data Risk management role, including an understanding of the second line of defence in a banking environment and the associated risks, and knowledge of risk management methodologies.
- Practical experience of providing assurance or who have a working knowledge of the key risks within financial services.
- An understanding of regulations relating to Data Management such as GDPR and BCBS239.
- You’ll have lots of initiative, excellent attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Life at AIB
At AIB, we have a clear purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. That goes for our employees too. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
We are committed to offering our colleagues choice and flexibility in how we work and live. Our hybrid working model enables our people to balance their time between working from home and their designated office, subject to their role, the needs of our customers and business requirements. More details on our hybrid working arrangements and expected office attendance for your role will be provided to you during the recruitment process.
AIB is an equal opportunities employer, and we pride ourselves on being the first bank in Ireland to receive the Investors in Diversity Gold Standard for Diversity and Inclusion. We work to ensure that AIB is a place where diversity is welcome, everyone can thrive, and inclusion is a universal experience. Our working environment is one in which talented individuals of all backgrounds can realise their full potential, enjoying rewarding careers in the service of our customers.
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information or have any special requirements or needs that would support you during the recruitment process then please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
By when? Closing date is Friday 24th November 2023