Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
The Customer Development Specialist will play a critical role in qualifying primarily inbound leads, profiling customers and providing input on which campaigns are generating the best leads. Working in collaboration with Sales and Marketing program managers, the primary objective is to identify and create qualified sales opportunities to be handed off to Sales and partners.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Global inbound call and chat handling and coordination – direct responsibility for handling & qualifying Europe-based, English and German-speaking calls during UK business hours, supporting outside the region inquiries as needed and coordinating with Customer Development resources in other regions as needed.
- Review daily, screen and assign out leads that have come in from sources including web contact us request forms, events attended by Aspect
- Pass on leads that meet the criteria, providing detailed information to the Sales team
- Pass on to Channel Sales leads that may be suitable for a partner sale of an Aspect or non-Aspect solution
- Use tools including Salesforce and Salesforce Inbox to document and manage the leads being handled
- 3rd party information analysis and subsequent direct outreach or communication to AE’S – e.g., may be asked to do a daily review of anonymous visitor activity on aspect.com and/or the G2 Crowd sites, may be asked to research target accounts and develop call profiles
- Be a part of the on-site event teams when requested with the role to vary – e.g., may be point responsibility for the lead gathering and follow-up, may instead gather lead data and pass on to AEs for follow-up, may help with event logistics (setup, registration, etc.)
- Outbound prospecting support – try to get initial engagement on targeted lists, passing the leads on to account teams once the initial engagement takes place; conduct outbound calling programs in support of events – e.g., ACE registration reminders, upcoming event booth visit scheduling.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated competency in sales of company products or services.
- Ability to communicate business value and not just product features to customers.
- Strong customer focus and teamwork skills. Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Proficient using CRM tools such as Salesforce and all communication forms – phone, chat, SMS, email
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 1-3 years technology company sales experience desired
- Fluent in English and German
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.