Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to work in a hybrid role where your responsibilities are both internally developing and executing global HEMA strategy at Boston Scientific Global Headquarters and the opportunity to engage clinical and economic customers in the field.
Do you have knowledge and passion with respect to healthcare administration, healthcare delivery and health economics? Do you have the desire to be in a highly visible and influential role in a well-established medical device industry leader? Then you may be an excellent candidate for the Manager role within our Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) team supporting Boston Scientific’s rapidly growing Urology and Pelvic Health (UroPH) division. A fundamental priority for this position will be leading HEMA strategy regarding economic analyses, economic tools, evidence generation, value propositions, and reimbursement for the Prostate Health and Stone Management businesses within the Urology and Pelvic Health division at Boston Scientific.
Your responsibilities include:
As a leader on the global HEMA team this position will work in close collaboration with R&D, Global and Regional Marketing, Regional HEMA, Clinical Affairs, Sales, and other functions to ensure patients have timely access to Boston Scientific products. The majority of the responsibilities for this role will be based at Boston Scientific headquarters, Marlborough, MA but there will be some opportunity for field-based customer engagement for the appropriate candidate.
- Leads the planning and execution of health economic and outcomes research activities to support business objectives. These include but are not limited to burden of illness and unmet therapeutic needs, real world evidence using retrospective database studies, health economic models, value propositions, patient reported outcomes, and quality of life assessments.
- Assesses market access needs and develops and executes market access strategies to optimize commercial success. These include all aspects of coding, coverage, and payment related activities for existing and pipeline products.
- Supports evidence generation from clinical, medical affairs, and R&D programs.
- Promotes the publishing of research in various peer reviewed formats, including but not limited to high level journals, clinical and economic congresses, and other venues.
- Collaborates closely with multiple cross functional partners to develop product value propositions early in the product development lifecycle.
- Supports the development and execution of the lifecycle of economic evidence and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success.
- Partners with regional HEMA and commercial teams to identify evidentiary requirements, deliver customizable tools, provide necessary training and education, address local health technology assessment (HTA) requirements, and remove potential barriers to access.
- Works with societies, payers, and key opinion leaders to provide functional expertise and leadership, product positioning, advocacy and thereby actively contributes to overall business goals and objectives.
- For the appropriate candidate there will be the opportunity for field-based customer facing responsibilities with both clinicians, hospital administrators, and other economic stakeholders.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will have excellent technical expertise in the areas of healthcare administration and delivery, facility and physician reimbursement, and health economics. Candidates will exhibit outstanding communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a broad and diverse group of stakeholders. The role is ideal for candidates who enjoy both strategy and execution.
This is a global position with both global and US responsibilities with overnight travel estimated up to 2 – 4 overnights per month.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, healthcare administration, health policy, public health, or similar discipline
- Minimum 5-years working in the delivery and/or administration of healthcare or the medical device industry, preferably with experience in the endoscopy/surgical specialties
- Experience or desire to work in a fast paced, matrix organized fortune 500 company
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry and healthcare systems
- Experienced and knowledgeable regarding Medicare policies and processes including an in-depth understanding of the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS), the Outpatient Payment System (OPPS), the Inpatient Payment System (IPPS), Two-Midnight Rule, Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC) Reduction Program, Hospital Readmission Reduction Program (HRRP), Hospital Value-Based (VBP) Purchasing Program, and the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Working knowledge of CPT codes, relative value units (RVUs), HCPCS codes, Ambulatory Payment Categories (APCs), and ICD-10 codes diagnosis and procedure codes and DRGs
- Familiarity of reimbursement dynamics by site of service specifically regarding medical device procedures in the physician office versus the ambulatory surgery center (ASC) versus the hospital outpatient department (HOPD)
- Working knowledge of answering health economic questions using large datasets
- Understanding of hospital financial systems and management practices
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated skills in account management and customer service
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, MPH, MHA, MS, MSc in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research, public health or similar discipline is highly desired.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
- The desire and capability to personally do heavy lifting – this role is ideal for candidates who enjoy both strategy and execution.
- Ability to present complex health economic information to both large and small influential groups in a way that is both easy to understand, credible, and engages the audience.
- Effectively operate economic tools in order to demonstrate to customers how Boston Scientific products will impact their facility or healthcare system economically and financially.
- Ability to train sales team members both individually and in groups in the use of economic tools such as calculators, presentations, and messaging in a compliant manner.
- Ability to illicit and interpret customers’ goals, needs, and priorities and creatively address them with Boston Scientific products and programs.
- Demonstrated responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere.
- Comfort with complex sales involving changes in customer behavior or care-pathways in response to clinical unmet needs.
- Experience working as part of both functional and cross-functional teams.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 452914