Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
HARMAN is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
This position will lead the local functional safety team (FUSA) as part of a global FuSa team. The Team Leader will report to global functional safety director. The India team is supports automotive projects with safety managers and functional safety engineers in the areas of Automotive – Digital cockpit and cluster, ADAS, Acoustics, Telematics etc. He/she will support customer program team during RFI/RFQ phase in analyzing customer functional safety requirements and providing solutions for new projects. He/she also takes care of supporting setting up methods model based functional safety development.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of Functional Safety Managers/Engineers within the Global Safety Team.
- Estimate the size of the project, the time and resources the project requires
- Risk Analysis for potential problems and chances of deviance from the process methodology, the probability of such occurrences, the possible impact, and possible solutions
- Single point of escalation for internal and external stakeholders
- Manages daily operations of department, provides technical expertise to staff supervised, and resolves problems escalated to the team lead level
- Lead, motivate and manage the project teams by defining SMART objectives
- Develop work plans, goals, and objectives, and tracks project progress
- Contributes to the formation of strategy and plans at department level
- Lay down detailed schedules of activities, milestones, and deliverables of the project team, and identifying the resources available
- Train and integrate new team members and support the continuous development of existing team members
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team and the other business areas you will engage in
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures;
- Represent the team and proactively report to the upper management;
- Cover administrative topics for the team;
- Manage team allocation between projects to achieve optimal workload and avoid delays.
- Represent the team in Global Safety Strategy update and creation process.
- Detect knowledge needs inside Safety Team and request hiring accordingly.
- Planning and post processing of all activities of ISO 26262 Safety-Lifecycle
- Accountable on functional and technical safety concepts within project
- Support and execution of relevant quantitative and qualitative Safety Analysis (e.g. FMEA,FMEDA, FTA, HAZOP etc.,)
- Moderation and participation of technical inspections
- Supporting safety manager in creation of project safety plan, safety cases, safety strategy, document flow etc.,
- Supporting in performing confirmation measures – Perform confirmation reviews, functional safety audit and assessments, Milestone gate reviews.
- Strong collaboration and cooperation with Program Manager, Project Manager, Architects, Developers, Testers and Customer
- Support projects in development of Functional Safety requirements (Technical Safety Requirements, Hardware Safety Requirements, Software Safety Requirements)
- Coordination of Quality methods in the project
- Ensure process compliancy within the development project
- Implement the tool qualification process in the project
- Support evaluation of customer change requests which have an impact on the functional safety compliance of the project
- Contribute and define safety architectures in System, SW and HW
What You Need
- University degree in the Engineering field and certified Functional Safety Manager
- Extensive experience in Automotive embedded Engineering
- Model based design and development engineering
- Experience modelling System SW Architecture in UML , SYSML
- Extensive knowledge on System, Hardware and Software
- Experience in creation of safety concepts and analysis (FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, HARA)
- Knowledge about product development process
- Experience in project and quality management
- Profound knowledge in ISO 26262 and IEC 61508, Automotive SPICE/CMMI including legal aspects
- Strong skills in communication, presentation and problem solving (customer and internal)
- Flexible and autonomous working with global interfaces
- English business fluent
- Experience recruiting staff
What is Nice to Have
- Experience in production process and functional safety adherence
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms (Hypervisor – QNX, Multivisor).
- Experience in use of tools – Medini Ansys, Enco Sox, Prevision, Mathlab etc.
- RTOS experience for development on ADAS, Instrument cluster, Infotainment, Audio etc.,
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an [office, home office, client-site(if required)] in India-Pune, Germany, China locations
What We Offer
- Job Location – Marathahalli, Bangalore
- Good exposure on Advanced technology & Regularly get updated on the new technology and trends by various sessions organized by Learning and Development Team.
- Insurance •Leave Policy •In -house doctor consultation •Higher Education Assistance •Relocation Expenses •NPS •Subsidized Transport •Other Benefits