Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide ongoing planning, execution and evaluation in order to ensure maximum sales/profit, effective cost control and utilization of labor and provide strong customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working/shopping environment.
- Provide friendly/efficient customer service; demonstrate sincerity, patience and respect.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items
- Develop effective work plans based on analysis of sales projections, budgeted labor goals and operating results.
- Communicate with the store director concerning department’s ongoing status; participate in store meetings.
- Maintain coordinated, aggressive and creative merchandising plans per division guidelines.
- Order merchandise based on mix of demand and profit items, shelf allocation, movement, variety and stock levels to maximizes sales, variety and profit; monitor the gross profit report.
- Ensure product quality, presentation and rotation; assist with stocking/building displays.
- Collaborate with vendors on space allocation, displays and deal buying, product quality and credits.
- Supervise associates to ensure efficient labor utilization, effective training and effectiveness in meeting objectives; communicate tasks/priorities and follow up to ensure completion per policies/procedures.
- Monitor sales labor hour and payroll; adjust labor to meet production needs.
- Manage receiving, invoicing, pricing, inventory and shrink to ensure product control and profit goals.
- Process invoices, check credits and transfer slips for accuracy; verify purchase journal against receiving records.
- Collaborate with pricing to ensure accurate pricing/signage; monitor price-sensitive items.
- Conduct inspections; maintain safety checklist; check coolers/freezers for organization/cleanliness.
- Conduct performance evaluations, recommend disciplinary action, ensure proper training, and communicate/work with store director and Human Resources.
- Operate equipment (e.g., hand jack, power jack, box cutter) according to company guidelines.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify and correct unsafe conditions and notify store management. Follow all store and department policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently reaching, kneeling, stooping/bending, turning, walking, standing, extended exposure to coolers (38o) and freezers (-20o), lifting objects 30 to 60 lbs., carrying objects 30 to 40 lbs., pushing/pulling 100 to 2,200 lbs., and occasionally crawl and walk on uneven ground.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents; Basic math skills
Desired Previous Education:
- High school diploma/GED or currently enrolled
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick ‘n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Waukesha || 1220 W. Sunset Drive || 53189 || Roundy’s || None || Frozen Food || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None