Additional Locations: US-MA-Marlborough
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Freight Audit/Logistics Specialist II
About the role:
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the daily engagements and oversight of BSC’s freight audit and payment process. The Specialist will also lead data analytics of freight spend management and cost improvements. This position requires the management of third-party freight audit service providers which process and audit domestic and international freight invoices for the Global transportation network. This position will work inside of the global transportation team and be a primary liaison with BSC internal accounts payables and finance groups.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Direct Interaction with freight carriers (domestic and international) and third-party audit companies to resolve billing inquiries, errors and/or process issues.
- Audit and manage cost allocation and business rules to ensure freight charges are sourced to the correct cost center and budget.
- Review aging reports from freight vendors to ensure all invoices have been received and our accounts are current.
- Track multiple KPIs related to our 3rd party freight audit/payment partner to monitor their performance and escalate any issue to management as needed.
- Identify and resolve systematic problems between the carriers, vendors, freight payment companies to ensure timely and accurate invoice payment.
- Conducts analysis of alternate methods of transportation and programs, along with projected cost and service.
- Utilize technology, systems, and business intelligence tools to develop robust financial reporting and dashboards.
- Assists in negotiating, awarding, administering and reviewing service agreements with carriers, freight audit and transportation suppliers with management team.
- Conducts research on transportation methods and rates. Develops programs to audit and monitor carrier rates and charges to evaluate past performance and cost of shipping routes.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with vendors' in order to ensure quality service and develop a strategic partnership.
- Performs analysis, identifies root cause, and recommends corrective action utilizing transportation carrier and related information.
- Responsible for compiling monthly and yearly freight accruals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in transportation freight pay or related field.
- Understanding of all Transportation Modes and Incoterms
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of transportation freight pay or operations experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply contract language.
- Transportation background within the Healthcare industry.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 468582