You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Click here for This is Marquise Hospitality video!
Now, if you were to come on board as a Food Service Manager we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Determines departmental goals and objectives in keeping with organizational and departmental philosophy.
- Develops service operating, and capital budgets. Utilizes data to manage area of responsibility.
- Direct department activities and maintain highest quality service standards.
- Maintain compliance with industry, company, and legislative standards.
- Supervise all phases of operational planning and expenditures, inventory management, procurement budgeting, costing, and financial reporting.
- Ensures that food safety is treated as a priority in all department activities.
- Ensures diets in acute care meet the nutritional standards as set out in the contract and adhering to any provincial or health authority standards, as applicable.
- Establishes effective relationships and coordinates service with those of other departments.
- Attends interdepartmental meetings.
- Evaluates performance of direct subordinates, documenting concerns and progress.
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you will be successful:
- At least five years of leadership experience in healthcare food services in a labour environment.
- Current active status as Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM).
- Degree or diploma in: Food and Nutrition Management, Business Administration, or Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Proficiency in dietary software and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven excellence in fiscal management of departmental budgets, contracts and project costs.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically / conceptually and evidence of achieving collaborative results across various departments and disciplines.
- Current with the latest innovative trends in patient food services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop direct reports and frontline staff during times of change and shifting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and people skills
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.