Department: Paper Print
Schedule: COP A/B (7:00am 7:00pm) C/D (7:00pm 7:00am)
Ready to build your future? We're hiring and Offering Competitive Wages!
Are you an experienced MACHINE OPERATOR II looking for a new opportunity? Dart Container wants you to join our team!
Within this role, you will work as part of a team that values and focuses on Dart's Four Priorities—safety, quality, service and efficiency—ensuring great products for our customers and a safe, engaging place to work for our employees. You will also:
- Be responsible for safely operating production machinery to run efficiently while maintaining our high standard of quality
- Meet production schedules
- Adhere to all GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Maintain appropriate documentation
Family owned and operated for over 60 years, we’re proud to offer competitive pay and other great benefits:
- Multiple schedules Multiple schedules working with a diverse group of individuals
- Full tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
- Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K and wellness incentives
It only takes one application to be considered! See below for details and apply today!
What you’ll need…
- Read and review daily production schedule, perform necessary line checks and assist with all types of changeovers including size and imprint changes on press.
- Operate printing equipment as directed by supervisor or shift lead. Maintain accurate and timely production and quality records.
- Monitor press output and visually inspects product for defects and quality issues.
- Load and unload paper rolls, mount and shaft rolls, thread machine, maintain correct ink levels, colors and chemistry. Make necessary adjustments to ensure proper registration and maintain strict quality performance.
- Meet set-up reduction requirements by pre-staging plate cylinders, inks, paper and other necessary supplies and equipment. Follow up after setups to ensure inks are returned, plates washed and returned.
- Maintain all materials, tools, and supplies in a clean and orderly manner and follow all safety, sanitation and product safety procedures and policies.
- Fill in for operators and helpers as required on all presses including wash-ups, plant changes, and ink-up print checks, set impressions and set register.
- Operate all features of press functions and capabilities.
- Assist lower level operators in solving quality and production problems.
- Assist in training new Press Operators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Three (3) year experience operating printing equipment.
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Ability to work weekends as needed
What we offer you…
- Ability to earn pay increases
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Approved job-related training and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Opportunities for advancement
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.