Req ID: 36888
Other location(s): N/A
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
The successful candidate will work independently on most assignments and under the direction of more senior associates only on the most complex projects, analyzes and tasks. They will demonstrate a working knowledge of Portfolio Compliance processes and independently analyzes pre-trade, post-trade and batch compliance exceptions, and assists with the facilitation of The Capital System investment process. Directly engages the Investment Group and works with Trading, and other GIC team or business groups to resolve outstanding issues this candidate will complete client reporting, rule signoff and works on departmental projects and process initiatives.
- Performs pre and post-trade compliance checks, in a timely manner
- Performs batch compliance review of portfolio including previous day’s fixed income trading activities and market value movements
- Resolves compliance inquiries from Investment Group, Trading, Legal, Accounting, clients and other business units.
- Strengthens relationships with the Investment Group and Trading by anticipating needs and offering solutions.
- Completes and reviews daily, monthly and quarterly compliance reports.
- Reviews and validates rules entered into compliance monitoring system by Portfolio Guideline Analysis (PGA) and Fund Administration teams.
- Serves as a resource for other GIC Fixed Income teams or business units on compliance inquiries or cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Ability to be self-driven to understand how and why things work, the financial industry and/or the connections between processes and technology.
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income Portfolio Compliance functions, and interconnections with other GIC teams policies, procedures and systems and ability to apply them to work assignments.
- Working knowledge of the functionalities and operational intersections of Global Investment Control and Capital Group.
- Working knowledge of the securities and investment business and Capital’s investment process and ability to apply to work assignments.
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.